Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 July 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week!

Check back to last week's thread, because there were a lot of posts at the end.

This little Eastern Screech Owl reflects my level of energy and overall attitude this evening. LOL!!!

Eastern Screech Owl
Shenandoah National Park
U.S. National Park Service NPS/M. Meisel
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (Copyright Free)

• Glad that Lynette's procedure went without incident and so glad OG is home and doing well. so far!
  • Lindybird:  A shame about your SiL.  How is your bro coping?    

Lynette   Glad your exam went okay.  Onward and upward!

• LINDA – Sorry you have lost your sis-i-l. How is your brother coping?

LYNETTE – Good news that you have no further problems.

Dreary day here. Max 19 C but it didn’t feel that warm. Overcast all day and now (3.30 pm) a scrap of sunshine, too late to dry my washing. I am making chicken, zucchini, noodle soup (Chinese style) for tea as my frozen soup reserve is down to one tub. Another day with no new locally-acquired covid in our state.

• Just a thought

Don’t let how you feel make you forget what you deserve.

• Good Morning. A bit of a grey sky here, but not raining.

Thank you for condolences. My brother will be upset as they had been married for 36 years or so - he has two daughters and one of them lives with him, with her son who is 6 years old. I've not seen even a photo of him since his 1st baby pics.

Glad things went well for you, Lynette.

AQ -- It's good news that there are no further infections in your state. Hopefully things will settle down again.
  • Picture from yesterday-- Rosie has an obsession with tiny things, I said to her mother!!! Here she is examining the seaweed. LOL!!

• They went on the cute steam train at the Slate Mines at Llanberis, which coincidentally have just been on the news as they've been given World Heritage status.

• Rosie, Scientist of the future. Seriously, it is great she is so interested in "ordinary" things.
  • Morning all:  I suspect we're going to see a lot of Rosie bending over to examine ever more 'ordinary'  things.  Very cute.  :-)

Lindybird: Too bad that you haven't seen pix of your - what? - great nephew?  I remember when my cousin went to live in South Africa (leaving three sisters in the UK with their very 'involved' Mum) he also sort of fell off their family radar. Maybe he was just overwhelmed by all the females....

Heather: Are you resting up before the family visit?

EE: Hope OG is more comfortable at her computer soon - she's missed.

AQ: I was telling my granddaughter how strict SA was with restrictions on travel, mingling, etc during Covid and that I couldn't see it happening here, what with so many people whining about their individual right to do whatever/go wherever they choose.  

I'm making some changes in the garden: Mostly downsizing the amount of work.  Moved about 100  smallish rocks yesterday so the groundcover can - well - cover more of the areas around the two citrus trees.  I'd had the rocks in a sort of perimeter around the trees.  It looked nice, but the groundcover was growing over the rocks and I was getting tired of keeping it trimmed back.  It'll be easier to just yank out chunks of groundcover when it gets too close to the tree trunks. Am also angling on removing several plants that just don't look good and replacing them with - large rocks?  :-))

• Sounds a sensible idea to organise your garden to be less work in future, Annette. It can still be enjoyed.

I have only seen pictures of my two nieces in S Africa as grown ups, by noticing them on Facebook. We were sent spasmodic photos of them when small children, but then it dried up. They are now smart, sassy young ladies and it's such a pity that they don't know their UK family at all. My sis in law here, said kindly that they had all missed a lot!

Went in the rain to buy a card & send it to my brother, it takes 6 days, said the Post Office assistant. As he only has a box address, he will have to collect his post at the other end eventually. Ho hum.

My OH has been busy at his allotment but says there won't be as many green beans this year as previously, as pests ate the plants when they were still young. A constant battle with nature!