Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 July 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week!

Check back to last week's thread, because there were a lot of posts at the end.

This little Eastern Screech Owl reflects my level of energy and overall attitude this evening. LOL!!!

Eastern Screech Owl
Shenandoah National Park
U.S. National Park Service NPS/M. Meisel
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (Copyright Free)

• Thanks for news - sorry nothing from here...
    I haven't got much to complain about but this wretched insomnia hasn't let up for what seems to be ages !
    I keep trying to count my blessings, good health, etc, but oh for more than three hours of sleep.
    Anyway, my visitors will be here a week today. Surely after a day with Bella and Millie, sleep will arrive?!!!!!
  • Sorry you're not sleeping well, Heather. Wish I could suggest something helpful.

I just noticed that it's International Friendship Day - so Happy Friendship Day to all our friends!!!

It's also National Cheesecake Day, which is a shame as if I'd known, I would have given you all a slice!!!
  • ANNETTE – We have whiners here, as well as those that ignore restrictions. Because the whole covid thing is a hoax, blah, blah. Tell that to those on ventilators or are dying or are left with “long covid”. Last weekend anti-whatsit demonstrators were out. In Sydney some 3,000 and police are rounding them up using CCTV, including he who punched a police horse. He (the idiot, not the horse) can’t appear in court as he refuses a covid test.

• May we think of freedom not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right. (Peter Marshall)

The notion of freedom is being used as a catchcry to excuse sheer selfishness. (Tory Shepherd)

• AQ: Yes!! And Yes again! (Too bad that horse didn't kick that idiot.)

Lindybird:  I wanted to "like" your post twice:  Once for the Friendship wish and the other for the Cheesecake, but it wouldn't let me....

•  Different dates Worldwide, but thanks to Lindy,and saw this on wikipedia,...

• Seems odd it should be on different dates, when it should be celebrated together, internationally!! <sigh> Nice picture, SunnyKate.

Good Morning. A bit damp outside here, as it rained in the night - at least it's done the garden plants good. Sis in law Sue is hoping for good weather today, as she's helping at a big charity sale today which is not totally indoors. I gave her a few 'bits' of things but won't be going to the sale as we have to prepare for an influx of the little family tomorrow, who will be on their way back from Wales. That means I'm baking!!
  • AQ - We have lots of idiots here, who are still marching and demanding an end to the lockdown, when we don't even have any at present!! Plenty of ridiculous rumours about what the jabs can do to you -- I just want to shake them!!
  • Good morning, all.  A few weeks ago Limpy and I went out on a boat trip to see some seals ......... I've finally got through an avalanche of photos and posted a thread - click here if you'd like to see it.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lovely photos Clare. Some of the seals are frightening colours! Not a part of the world I know at all