Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 July 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week!

Check back to last week's thread, because there were a lot of posts at the end.

This little Eastern Screech Owl reflects my level of energy and overall attitude this evening. LOL!!!

Eastern Screech Owl
Shenandoah National Park
U.S. National Park Service NPS/M. Meisel
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (Copyright Free)

• Good Morning. Quite bright here, and pleasantly warm. We seem to have had rain in the night.

Sorry you got soaked, AQ :-(

Lynette, will be thinking of you tomorrow, it's good that you didn't need to go on a waiting list for it.

Annette - I know the feeling: warm day, lots of garden tidying, then a well deserved glass of wine --- disaster!!!
  • Best wishes for tomorrow, LYNETTE !
    Not a lot happening here, we had heavy rain for several hours in the night and morning. I pulled a few weeds that keep popping up through the gravel borders around the garden shed. They come out very easily after rain !
    Tomorrow, shopping with two of my daughters.
    AQ - take care, sounds as if you're being very sensible, though.
  • Hallo all: :Not much going on here other than tying up loose ends on some projects and feeling generally unmotivated regarding others....
  • Thanks all.

Been a mixed day of heavy showers and sunshine down here. Still pleasantly warm.
  • Sunny day. Camera & I had a brief outing. I did not need mask as I did not speak or even meet anyone.

• Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own. (Charles Dickens)

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. (Luther Burbank)

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. (Aristotle)

• Good news!  OG is back home!  Thanks to all who posted good wishes. 

I brought her home Thursday afternoon in her wheelchair, sitting for the first time in the back of our new Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle.  She is is not yet up to walking more than a few steps at a time - transfer from one chair to another is tiring and a bit painful.

She does not yet feel up to sitting at her own computer, but hopes to read some of the chat soon. We arrived home safely about 4.30 pm yesterday, and I cooked an evening meal (bought shepherd's pie served with fresh carrots and peas from our garden). OG ate a good portion. She was quite tired, but pleased to be here, and able to direct the necessary settling in and planning meals for the next few days.  It will now take a little while to get used to new arrangements required to adjust to new medications and requirements for recuperation and rehabilitation.

Ruth has slept well overnight, and we will see how she gets on now she is happy to be at home.

• EE - Great news. Thanks for the update.

OG - You should recover quicker in your own home and under EE's care. Hope to see you up & running things again soon!

• Wonderful news that OG is home and hopefully, now recovering -- thank you for your news, EE. Thinking of you both.

Good Morning. Bright here but much cooler, which was forecast for the next few days. My OH sneaked off to his golf without waking me this morning, so I had a bit of a late start to things. Only going to do h'work and stuff anyway, today- had better go and inspect the freezer first as unlike OG & EE, I don't plan much so not sure what we're having tonight!!

Hope all goes well for Lynette today.

Edit:  ps --- Bonnie is looking much better and her foot is now 98% recovered, so we are relieved that the episode is over. Have put her various equipment, such as the cones, into store! She looks much happier, too.