Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

• Lindy-A great honor indeed!
  • Thank you, Everyone. Its been humbling to think of people reading my words, and I'm so pleased, as I said to Jess, that it's next to dear EJ as I followed her story for such a long time. I'd like to think that our old friend Margo would be looking down and being very pleased, too.

Annette, I do hope that you manage your dinner out. Its so frustrating when allergies strike. I loved your flowers, too, and wondered what they were/are. So beautiful.
  • We've had a lazy day, apart from my dusting around the kitchen a bit this morning: we very much enjoyed our meal out. I had fish & chips again (I really must force myself to try out the rest of the menu!) and my OH had a delicious looking steak pie with all sorts of veg. We also had a nice ride around the Cheshire countryside with all its fresh shades of green, looking at some of the pretty cottages and also some of the country mansions tucked away down the lanes.

After my glass of wine, and my OHs glass of beer, of course we both had a nap when we got back!!

Sorry I've taken over the thread today. More pictures of our garden tomorrow!!
  • Bonnie got wet through this morning!!

• Evening all: No dinner out. Raging allergies and cancer sore on mouth put a hold on things, but considering what's happening in the Middle East, a very minor blip in my day. Take care everyone.
  • OG: I'm glad the crew is making good progress on your kitchen renovation. Wonderful that you all are able to have cooked meals again. 

ANNETTE: Did you mean canker sore not cancer sore? Normally, I would never correct someone's typo, but in this case I wanted to make sure you didn't mean cancer. I'm not being petty, just concerned. I'm sorry you couldn't have your dinner out. I loved the pictures of your Cedar Waxwings. I think they may be the most elegant of birds. Sorry they left a mess. Your fountain is beautiful. Take care of yourself, A. Maybe take some Tylenol PM (it contains benadryl)? That's the one that works for me without raising my BP, even though it's an old-line drug.

Here's AN ARTICLE from the Bob Vila website (no malware) about ways to humanely keep the moles and gophers from homesteading your property. 

AQ: I enjoyed your coffee quotes. Without coffee in the morning, I don't function. LOL Glad you enjoyed a morning with your daughter.

HEATHER: Wishing you good luck with your current challenges.  

LINDY: LG did a lovely job with your wonderful poem. A nice and meaningful display. 

DIBNLIB: Nice photo of a beautiful boat. 

LYNETTE: I hope you are able to take your trip to Manchester.

• I had my flu jab today and made appt for pneumonia jab 2 weeks time. ANNETTE – Medicos here recommend 2nd Astra Zeneca 12 weeks after first, so mine is due at end of July.

DIBNLIB – I Googled TS Royalist. Our state had a number of tall ships visit in 1986, our 150 Jubilee year. It was so exciting to view them  consider how our ancestors bravely came DownUnder on such small vessels. Our “One and All”, built for the Jubilee, is still busy.

LINDA – Love your azaleas. OH tried to grow them & camellias but we are too close to sea (1 km) and the salty winds burnt them, not to mention the hot summers. Congrats on fame at LG.

• Just a thought

We didn’t realise we were making memories, we were just having fun. (Winnie the Pooh)

• Diane:  Yes!!!  Thank you SO  MUCH for correcting me!  I typed 'k' as the first letter and knew that was wrong and didn't check the 'corrected'  version.  Sigh.