Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

• Good Morning All. Annette, sorry you've missed your treat due to allergies, and never mind the spelling, it's no fun. Get yourself well <hugs>

AQ - Well done on getting your flu jab done, you will be a pin cushion at this rate. Has your OH gone for his flu jab?

Just watching the arguments about the possible cancellation of the Olympics in Japan - I'm rather shocked to see that they have only vaccinated about 3% of their population so far and that they're currently in their 4th wave of infection. Many are against it all going ahead, under any circumstances, which is very sad but probably the right decision.
  • LINDA - I could be a pin cushion! No post-jab reaction. OH has never had a flu jab. I won't even go there - I shall concentrate on him getting the covid jab. Unfortunately he hears all the negative stuff, whether it is appropriate to his age or not, and he complains that vaccine is not 100%. (How many vaccines are?) He should be reading the authoritative medical reports. As for the Olympics, I think it is quite stupid to go ahead with them. I'm sorry for all the athletes who have trained for so long and may not have another chance, But this is like a war; the games were cancelled in WWI & WWII.
  • AQ - Try putting in front of him the stories of how ghastly it is to get covid, and then to be suffering long covid afterwards -- it's ruining many lives. It's not just a risk of death.

Big queues here now in areas where there was a low uptake of the jab, but now they are hotspots of outbreaks. Many of those hospitalised did not have their jabs when offered. Only a tiny minority had had theirs.
  • Good morning, all. Just had my second AstraZeneca vaccination and I'm feeling good!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• HEATHER Family issues take priority. I am sorry you have so much to deal with.

The twins had 2 trips on TS Royalist, one trip to Belgium and France and the other to Norway, Estonia and Sweden I think. They are great girls. One of them is at Glasgow University studying Zoology and has a study trip to Iceland in June. I am so please she is able to go.

Wonder if any of you have read about the chap who lives in a houseboat on the Ouse and who built a raft to save a swans nest when it was threatened with flooding. Humanity at its best.
  • Lindybird said:
    Try putting in front of him the stories of how ghastly it is to get covid, and then to be suffering long covid afterwards -- it's ruining many lives. It's not just a risk of death.

It's not just that.  If he's going to be one of those unlucky people who catch it and go into hospital with it then everyone in the hospital could potentially have it passed to them, however inadvertently.  Not to mention that he doesn't know what would be pumped into his system in the effort to ensure his survival.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• LINDY How wonderful for you. I am so impressed.
  • Thank you, dibnlib. Even my OH was interested in the photos from LG, and he never reads any of my poetry. Although I have on occasion read some bits of it out to him.
    I saw about the chap who saved the swans nest- wonderful.
    Clare, I too feel sorry for all the athletes who've been training hard and it will probably have been for nothing. Goodness knows what will happen - it may have to be a gap in the history of the Olympics.
  • Now I see it was AQ who mentioned the athletes -- sorry! I've been distracted by the fact that my last post was put up here FIVE times, and I've been busy deleting them!
  • Hi all, thanks for all your news.

Love the idea of part of your poem at LG, Lindybird, what an honour. Azaleas look beautiful but unfortunately with all the rain and now the wind they will get a wee battering. Enjoy them whilst you can.

Talking of rhubarb, I get mine from the supermarket and make it into a rhubarb fool - custard, cooked rhubarb and add some cream. Yum.

OG - hope you manage to finish your typing up of Junes newsletter.