Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

• What beautiful pictures LINDY. Hope you have a lovely lunch.
  • No! I’m not ready, this is still my first cup of coffee! (Anthony Liccione)

I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake. (Lewis Black)

There is no life without water. Because water is needed to make coffee.

• Gorgeous azaleas LINDY, thank you.
    ANNETTE- I love your fountain ! What are the flowers? I feel that I should know, but...
    DIBNLIB- I love those schooners, used to see a lot of them in Plymouth when I lived in that part of the world.
    Sorry for lack of chat from me. I'm preoccupied with a few things at the moment. I used to be able to keep several balls in the air but not these days, sad to say!
  • Never mind, Heather - as long as you are OK, yourself.!

• I had a nice email from Jess, at Loch Garten. The Centre is open again now and she has kindly sent me pics of my contribution in the form of a few lines from my poem about dear EJ.

So exciting!  Its right next to the write up about EJ and Odin on a poster display. You have to click on the pictures to see them larger. What an honour!

• Yes, very emotional, Lindy. You must be very chuffed.
  • Fantastic, Lindy! I'm so pleased that Loch Garten has not only highlighted your poem but they've also created a memorial display of two very, very special birds.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Yay Lindybird!    That's such a nice thing to feel proud of.  And what a nice reminder of our days glued to the comings and goings of EJ and Odin.   :-)

Heather:  Those plants are commonly known as protea (also pincushion plants) , but their official name is Leucospermum and this particular one is L. Sunrise - an early, vigorous and easy-care bloomer.  It hails from South Africa.  I have two different ones in the garden too; one is a monster that I'm sure has crushed the irrigation in that area and another that needs to get more sun.  Both of those may be removed this fall.....  Seems like landscape work is being done all over the neighborhood. Former grass lawns (not many left anyway) are being replaced by hardscapes in various rocks and paving stones with succulents and native plants interspersed.   Both neighbors opposite have had their front yards redone and I fear the upheaval has sent moles and gophers over the road to our area, judging from the suspicious brown piles in the dymondia on our parkway.  Sigh.  They are the very devil to discourage and now I'm finding myself wondering how much it would cost to have the dymondia replaced with some kind of hardscape that wouldn't need watering or upkeep and wouldn't be attractive to critters.

Having awful allergies this year and having two once-a-day OTC products, but they both seem to take care of different symptoms, so I'm alternating. We're supposed to go out to dinner tonight but I'm not sure I want to show up with a giant box of tissues.