Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full at:

4:31 a.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in the U.K.
8:31 p.m. on Monday, 26 April in California
1:01 p.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in Adelaide, Australia
10:31 p.m. on Monday, 26 April in Iowa (for bjane). 

This "supermoon" will be closer to Earth than any of the other full moons this year, except for the May moon (which will be only 98 miles closer). So, this one should be beautiful!

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe week.

• My Amaryliss collapsed, by the way, as the weight of the flowers were too much for the stem. I had put a stick support in but it wasn't big enough. Now another bulb has sent up a bud, which began to open last night.

Edit: Note that there are two more buds on the same stem  :-)

• Sus in law Sue has had another grim day, as she was contacted by the local Vet about ownership of the dog: the woman wants it registered under her name. So Sue named and shamed the woman- - they live only two doors away from each other in a small village and so what has happened will soon be common knowledge.

(I offered to paint a banner to string from a lamppost but Sue is worried about repercussions from any trouble over this. She wouldn't let me order 3 Tons of manure to be delivered to Toxic Tottie, either)
  • LINDY - awful for Sue.
    I'll attempt to post tomorrow, been busy trying to help middle daughter with several things, both home and work related.
    Regards to all
  • PatO:  Re your sister, is there not a phone number posted for people to call and report "Handicap Parking Fraud" (which is the legal terminology here).

Lindybird:  Any chance Sue can check out the local shelters, etc., for a dog to replace Boris?  She really seemed to enjoy the company.   What a pain in the derriere it all turned out to be.  Sigh.

• Annette - I don't think there is anything like that here. They just put 'Disabled Parking' signs up, which are sometimes observed and more often not.
  • Yes, it was not to be forseen when Sue showed us her cute little dog. She is now sleeping very badly and not eating much. Her teenage granddaughters are looking at every single dog in every rescue centre on the Web in an effort to replace him with something to take her mind off it.

I see its a Bank Holiday weekend coming up - bet its not very good weather! Mind you, at least there won't be too many people on the beaches!
  • CLARE – I thought you would appreciate the idiocy!

LINDA – Incidentally, where do you park your camel?

ANNETTE - Outrage was the reaction. Some of units are actually designed for wheelchair access. I don’t mind spaces reserved for disabled parkers but I object to spaces left close to the entrance marked for those doing quick pickups. Darn it, they are probably young & fit and in a rush to cram more in their day.

PAT – “Those” people probably complain about wheelchairs taking up too much space in shops & expect your sister to remain out of sight.

• Just a thought

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
    If you want to be happy, practice compassion. (Dalai Lama)

• AQ: Hmmm. I'd be inclined to call the local newspaper and TV station and then organize the disabled folks to park their wheelchairs, walkers or whatever behind the offending vehicles and refuse to budge. A nice visual. (Since Covid, we've seen parking places close to store entrances marked off for Store Pickup Only for those who ordered online; hope they disappear once things have gone back to normal.)

Hot here today. Allergies gone mad. Snuffle, sneeze, repeat.....
  • ANNETTE - Those pick-up spaces won't disappear. We already had them a few years before Covid arrived.