LOCH ARKAIG - THE WOODLAND TRUST - APRIL 2021 to END OF FEBRUARY 2022

LINK TO LOCH ARKAIG OSPREYS WEBSITE

Return Dates for Louis last year was 5th April 08.15 and Aila 6th of April 09.24

The happy couple last year - lets hope its not too long until we see them safely return from migration. 

LINK TO MARCH 2021 THREAD - where all links are to previous threads and history. 

• Thanks Geemeff and to Liz--and fingers crossed.

Kind regards, Ann

• On the not unrealistic assumption that there won't be much if any webcam activity, I'm wondering if there needs to be a monthly iteration of the thread this year. I would suggest renaming the thread for the whole 2021 season rather than having separate May, June etc threads. As Mary set the thread up she should decide what to do but this would be my thought. Ian
  • Thanks for your reports GEMEFF I am pleased Louis is fine but I am overwhelmed with sadness at the loss of dear AIla andthe non/little use of this nest, the scene of so much fun and happiness
  • In view of the absence of activity on the nest I have stopped the stream download - but if you, GEEMEFF, feel there should be backup for your efforts, please let me know and I'll restart it.  (It's one less stream to have to keep an eye on, and things have been getting out of hand here Wink )

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

In view of the absence of activity on the nest I have stopped the stream download - but if you, GEEMEFF, feel there should be backup for your efforts, please let me know and I'll restart it.  (It's one less stream to have to keep an eye on, and things have been getting out of hand here )

Not much going on so stopping makes sense Scylla, think WT chat is probably switching off soon too. If there's any activity on the nest, I'll pop clips up to my youtube channel and if it's really exciting, WT youtube channel will also have it.

Meantime after another day of no activity on the nest, Liz B reports"All quiet on the osprey front at LA. Louis and partner seem settled in nicely with what looks like two fish deliveries today. I've noticed how big the female seems in comparison to Louis and quite a bit darker than him so it's fairly easy to tell them apart even from this distance. They have a few different perches they like and I'm slowly getting to know where they might be hanging out and can usually spot one of them when I look over. There might be eggs next week if this is the original female that lured Louis away from the nestcam on the 18th (12 days ago). Watch this space!"  And that's about the only thing that's certain right now, a lot of people will definitely will be watching! 

• It is indeed very sad that Aila has not returned, however we must look at the positives in that Louis has returned and has another mate that "touch wood" he will successfully breed with. Ian
  • Louis pays a flying visit to the nest 17.39.35

• Sad that Aila didn’t return but a least we know Louis is still about. just because we can’t see them (apart from Liz.. jealous) we all hope that there will be a couple of fledglings .. Maybe next year Louis will persuade his new lady to return to cam nest
  • Update from George today in response to being asked about if ringing will take place on the non-camera nest Louis and new mate are frequenting:

WTGeorge

If there are chicks to ring come July we hope to have some pictures of them.

• Just posted by LizB

19.20 Louis and partner are soaking up the evening sunshine after a nice fish supper. All seems calm and peaceful.