LOCH ARKAIG - THE WOODLAND TRUST - APRIL 2021 to END OF FEBRUARY 2022

LINK TO LOCH ARKAIG OSPREYS WEBSITE

Return Dates for Louis last year was 5th April 08.15 and Aila 6th of April 09.24

The happy couple last year - lets hope its not too long until we see them safely return from migration. 

LINK TO MARCH 2021 THREAD - where all links are to previous threads and history. 

• To bump this thread to the top.    Video of Great Spotted Woodpecker on nest this morning. 

© THE WOODLAND TRUST, LOCH ARKAIG OSPREY PROJECT - POST CODE LOTTERY

• SCYLLA - GeorgeWT replied - so I wonder why all Osprey Projects do not add this small time stamp to their livestreams is a bit of a mystery.  

• Mary, some sites and indeed some followers regard it as 'intrusive'. Personally I can't see that and the advantages seem to far out way any perceived visual 'blemish'?
  • The mind boggles Mike - how on earth can anyone say such a small part of the screen that includes the time stamp is intrusive, I just don't get that!  Me thinks they have their own reasons for omitting it, but sadly the real reason is never going to be shared with their followers.   Cry

• Mike B said:
    some sites and indeed some followers regard it as 'intrusive'.

I wonder if, for example, those who agreed on Glaslyn Chat that it was intrusive were thinking of third-party ones that are difficult to read... remember the one on the Port Lincoln osprey cam?

There's no valid excuse for refusing to aid viewers with a timeline, unless... *someone* wants t-o-t-a-l  control Smirk Smirk Smirk 

MARY - I'm trying to find out exactly how it is done so's I can tell Starr Ranch Mgr.  He hasn't yet even got his channel set up correctly but how can I help when I'm not myself an insider re live streaming?  I expect George's tech dept sees to it.

• Yes SCYLLA I would think the Tech Dept at WT would set it all up, BOPH also have it, maybe it would be worth contacting them or Rutland to see if they know how to set up the time stamp in You Tube.   

• Following the GSW at 08.12, here's the second of today's two visitors to the nest, blink and you might miss the Chaffinch at 08.57:

• Thanks for pics and posts, everyone. As for the issue of a time stamp, I suspect it is a bit like marmite or satellite tagging--most folk have their own opinion and nothing will alter it, so for a less stressful life perhaps be like St Francis and accept the things we cannot change. Practical realists might find a time stamp useful and are not bothered by the numbers in a corner or along an edge while romantic sorts might think the pictures are ruined by being cluttered up with numbers. Then we have the minority like me who do not really mind either way. But best of luck if you are determined to change it!
  • Unknown said:
    Then we have the minority like me who do not really mind either way.

It doesn't matter if one is not "monitoring" but, like you, absorbing the bigger picture from others' reports.  I couldn't keep track of the osprey world like you do.

• Ann - We are not determined to change it - all we were trying to find out was why Osprey Sites wouldn't chose to have this feature, surely it is beneficial for them (or obviously not) for the recording of the likes of laying eggs, hatching etc.      I think those of us who post captures and videos find it invaluable, especially Scylla when she covers so many nests.