LOCH ARKAIG - THE WOODLAND TRUST - APRIL 2021 to END OF FEBRUARY 2022

LINK TO LOCH ARKAIG OSPREYS WEBSITE

Return Dates for Louis last year was 5th April 08.15 and Aila 6th of April 09.24

The happy couple last year - lets hope its not too long until we see them safely return from migration. 

LINK TO MARCH 2021 THREAD - where all links are to previous threads and history. 

• First - you are inkorrigible, KORKY Rofl 

Lynn L said:
    Very interesting indeed Scylla

Second - you should have credited Geemeff, CATLADY, but were misled by the useless LG forums quote malfunctioning.

Third - GEEMEFF - the spider on the Poole Harbour cam ruthlessly cuts down its beautiful web and rebuilds every night !!!  One time there was an interloper, it spun a very messy effort behind the resident web, so spoiling the view for weeks, even tho it (the interloper) didn't seem to stick around for more than a couple of days/nights.

I've been boring Poole Harbour thread readers for months with that web, one has to rein oneself in, but I find it fascinating too Spider web

• Unknown said:

Or a Hallo'cleen?

All captured on WEB cam  Rofl 

• scylla said:

Third - GEEMEFF - the spider on the Poole Harbour cam ruthlessly cuts down its beautiful web and rebuilds every night !!!  One time there was an interloper, it spun a very messy effort behind the resident web, so spoiling the view for weeks, even tho it (the interloper) didn't seem to stick around for more than a couple of days/nights.

I've been boring Poole Harbour thread readers for months with that web, one has to rein oneself in, but I find it fascinating too

Thanks Scylla, didn't know that, that's an industrious spider at Poole Harbour or the LA one is lazier. Spiders are amazing, I leave all my house spiders in peace hoping they'll eat any mozzies visiting from my neighbours fish ponds.

Because I've been watching nest cams and the Alaskan bear cam,  youtube thought I'd like to watch a rail cam in the Netherlands. I made the mistake of clicking on it, and it's a camera at a level crossing in a small village! The booms go up and down, people on bicycles and in cars wait for the trains to roar through then proceed on their way slowly. Not normally my thing, but I happened to watch just as a rabbit burst out of the undergrowth and hurtled along the embankment, and it was only on reading the chat that I understood this was a rare event.

I can recommend rail cam for anyone having difficulty sleeping..

• Oops sorry Geemeff, now I understand Scylla's comment.
  • 12.34 Nest cam is back up again today after being down since 26th October, and at 12.40, a little songbird pays a visit!

• Geemeff said:
    a little songbird pays a visit!

World Champion Birdie ID-er says "Great Tit" Grin

(The cam seems to have a slight tremor.)

• But is it a male or female Great Tit?
    And don't forget the quick visit by a Blue Tit at the end of the clip.
  • Now that is a question, Geemeff! Same with a lot of wee birdies. Robin, blue tit, etc. Song birds as such as slightly easier as I think it is only the male that sings.
  • Unknown said:
    But is it a male or female Great Tit?

Now that's sheer cruelty, Richard Tired face Stuck out tongue winking eye