LOCH ARKAIG - THE WOODLAND TRUST - APRIL 2021 to END OF FEBRUARY 2022

LINK TO LOCH ARKAIG OSPREYS WEBSITE

Return Dates for Louis last year was 5th April 08.15 and Aila 6th of April 09.24

The happy couple last year - lets hope its not too long until we see them safely return from migration. 

LINK TO MARCH 2021 THREAD - where all links are to previous threads and history. 

• It was a strange episode. They landed almost together, Louis postulated again. She appeared at home (no, I don't think she is Aila!). He flew up, quickly landing directly on her back. She certainly didn't respond. He flew off from her back and was gone a good few seconds while she watched him intently before he landed from directly above to her back. This time she tried to shove him off, and a few sticks were kicked around in the process, before they both flew off together and seemed to meet up further away.
    Perhaps they have bonded somewhere! Who knows. But if he is to woo her he need to bring another fish, and let her have it! Louis knows the drill by now!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• GEEMEFF - Thank you the link to Penguin Louis (got an email notification) - I can't reply on YT because they're not showing any comments !!!
  • scylla said:
    GEEMEFF - Thank you the link to Penguin Louis (got an email notification) - I can't reply on YT because they're not showing any comments !!!

Scylla do you mean no comments on WT livestram youtube? Glad the link was useful, BTW.

• Update from LizB

17.38 An osprey has just flown in with a fish and is perched in a tree near the other platform. This seems to be becoming a favoured perch for eating. He's tucking in and at the moment there's no sign of a second osprey anywhere. It'll be interesting to see if Louis appears at the nest cam with a headless fish later. Not much activity other than a sighting of him with a fish on the same perch early this morning.

• Geemeff said:
    Scylla do you mean no comments on WT livestram youtube?

No, you posted a comment in reply to one of mine on whatever video (can't remember, to do with coy mantling?) - well, YouTube is very often not displaying any comments under videos these days, I can't even reply to people who comment on my videos cos there's nothing there, even tho YT has sent me a notification of the comment.

• Interesting Scylla, I'm getting lots of comments on my videos, but I had a look at the coy-mantling one (Louis does his best penguin impression) and there's only the comment, mine which I posted today after reading your comment here. Will keep an eye out, see if I can figure out what's going on.

• From LizB

18.25 A follow up from my earlier post at 17.38 - The male took off from his perch clutching his half eaten fish and flew over to platform two after circling round for a bit . He landed briefly before taking off again and circling round a bit longer (possibly a quick sky dance?) before plummeting to platform one (sorry if it sounds like he's catching a train!) where he landed and was quickly joined by the female. After about 5 or 6 minutes one of them flew up and went and perched in the same tree different branch. I'm assuming this was the female who'd finally persuaded the male, ?Louis, to hand over the fish. They do seem to like it over there!

• There's been something wrong with the cam, I've had multiple (80) mini-files and the rollback skips from 04:01 (when it usually resets itself) to 05:13.

After sorting everything out and starting afresh, there are now 2 streams coming down.  No-one seen.

• Good to see another visitor to the nest, Mary, if only for a brief moment