LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• Lovely to see a cam working at LG, Perhaps not our dear ospreys, but nevertheless Carnyx has given up a peregrine nest instead!!  Wonderful.  Thank you Peter.

I wasn't as lucky as Wendy

But here's what I found on the nest cam!  Three beautiful eggs at Chichester

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Great to see the camera working again at LG, presumably we will not have the nest camera on until the centre opens on May 1st?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• No live cams on the channel at the moment.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    No live cams on the channel at the moment.

So, so sad. Even the feeder cam is still offline. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Lynn L said:
    Great to see the camera working again at LG, presumably we will not have the nest camera on until the centre opens on May 1st?

Catlady - the last blog on 12 March, over 3 weeks ago said 'Peter (our cameraman man) from Carnyx has been working hard over the last three days to get the cameras and wiring back up and running, allowing us to stream multiple cameras to you lovely folks at home. I know we have all been missing the cameras and I am so excited that this is going to be available again soon.' Perhaps they have had technical issues.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Yes CRinger I had read that, seems they still are having problems with the camera. Fingers crossed it will be up and working soon.

• Hello all,

Just a little update to keep you in the loop. Peter has been up to the centre to create all the live feeds to different cameras that should be able to be streaming this year. We are still dealing with some snagging issues with the electrics to make sure that we are able to support all of the technology that runs the cameras. Everything out at the nest is in place but there is still some work to be done with wiring into the centre. I have my fingers crossed that this could all be running in some form by the end of the week. There have been no signs of ospreys nesting at the moment but we have heard reports that they are back in the local area. You will be the first to hear if there is anything that turns up on our nest. It has been bitterly cold today and there is still a little dusting of snow on the ground. Hard to believe that it is the beginning of Spring!
  • Thanks Fergus for the update, hopefully things will go as planned and we will have the cameras up and running soon. Good to know that we have not missed out on anything so far!

• Super news, thanks Fergus!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr