LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Oh double-duh!  I set it going at the cam's startup and then later realised I'd put in one of yesterday's links Disappointed  So I recorded from rollback Dylan having difficulty with a stick:

Someone just landed on the campost with a quiet chirp.  Must be Seren.

• Llyn Brenig have managed to read the ring on the left leg of the female who has been around for a few days. It is Blue LM6; they are in contact with the Roy Dennis foundation to establish her history. There is a photo of her this morning on the nest with what appears to be an unringed male beside her. While it is sad that we don't have Blue 24 and HR7, good to have the nest occupied.

• Thank you AG So sad about dear 24 and HR7 I always think it disconcerting when both birds from a nest fail to return Is it just a bizarre coincidence? I so hope one daywe hear that Roli has returned He was one remarkable chick
    Let us hope that this new pair bond well and once again there will be chicks at the nest
  • Agree Patily; a particular concern about 24 & HR7 given the disturbance last season.
  • Another lovely video Scylla. Thank you
  • Thanks, everyone, for the pics and comments. Since we may never know the actual fate of wonderful Blue 24 and her Scottish partner HR7 (clearly a pioneering version of male Osprey, having nested soooo very far from where he fledged), in addition to dreaming of seeing Roli or even his sister (is it Leri?) visiting his/her natal nest one day, we could also console ourselves by hoping that both of their parents are now somewhere else in the wildernesses of Wales, happily making their own new nest, far away from the presence of that ghastly species Homo sapiens! That is what I would have done if I was one of them.

• Was on the nest with fish, flew off but is now back. C Llyn Clywedog osprey

• Brenig - I'm going to decide that Blue24 and HR7 have nested elsewhere, a wonderful place miles from human habitation or development.  I do hope that the new couple settle and breed, and also that we get a cam up soon.

Clywedog

©NRW-LlynClywedog

Seren has been bringing in sticks, notably a long, straight, thin one with danglies and this fine nest-sanitising sheet of bark:

Nice big fish early afternoon, but soon an intruder commanded their attention - and it came back again after this, I was going to show you but this editing lark is tiring me out, especially making long drawn-out episodes short but not missing anything Persevere 

The fish eventually got passed to Dylan, who flew with it and brought some back for Seren, then Seren let him have the tail-end...  Aaahhh.