LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Thank you, MARY.

Just to say that yesterday the stream kept downloading till 20:32.  Seren was fishcalling from maybe 17:00:

...until shut-down, with Dylan calling in several times either empty-taloned or with nest material.

It was an utter disgrace Rage

IMAGICAT

• Scylla John William's wrote a fb post yesterday contrasting the near at hand shallow water fishing at Dyfi and Glaslyn with the challenge Dylan faces at Clywedog. Water in the reservoir is very deep and in this cold weather the fish stay deep. He sometimes uses a natural lake over 3 miles away which is shallower. He delivered a perch this morning while Seren still had frost on her wings and the water on his wings was freezing.
  • scylla said:
    It was an utter disgrace

You were at the forefront of my mind when I typed those words, AG - I knew I was being hysterical - or something Relieved

This was Seren (still with frost on her wings) bringing back some fish @ 07:15 this morning:

Oh-oh-oh!  On examining the footage at that point, Dylan arrives and wants to take the small leftover but Seren's having none of it - she bites his head Open mouth Hushed

Nevertheless they put up a united front for an intrusion later - I didn't see anyone oncam but am again running out of steam, so...

IMAGICAT

• oh dear. so fed up with adverse conditions for males or egg laying - my heart goes out to Osprey couples everywhere. I feel so cold in my house !!!
  • 10 April cont'd

Not long before the snow fell, Dylan brought a good fish for Seren - he then chased away an intruder, which could just be seen flying across right-to-left in the background:

And I uploaded this "nothing happening" vid because I can't get over the quality.  You'd think that if they can do it here they can do it anywhere Green heart

EDIT - I got the extra footage last evening - Seren still waiting @ 20:13 shutdown.

IMAGICAT

• No fish since I switched on about 20 minutes late.

Just now Seren leapt across the nest and dropped down over the right side, as if she'd seen something special - when she flew back in (from the leftish) she had a piece of bark in her left talons and a manky mobile phone in her right Stuck out tongue

IMAGICAT

• Llyn Clywedog 10.53 Dylan with a large and lively trout left for Seren to deal with.

Meanwhle Llyn Brenig report that the mystery Scottish female is settling in to the nest.

• Cathy said:
    Snowing again at Llyn Clywedog

What a variable day it was!

Here are a few highlights from the fine fish, thru the snow, up to 13:00 - featuring Dylan the Deliverer Stuck out tongue

More snow:

Matings from late afternoon:

Last-minute (according to our footage) nestorising by Dylan:

I've scrolled thru the evening add-on on YouTube and can't see any more nest activity.

IMAGICAT