FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS & INFO FROM FOULSHAW MOSS WEBCAM AND ANY UPDATES FROM ROUDSEA OSPREY PROJECT/ESTHWAITE OSPREY SAFARI.

CONTINUED FROM 2020

FEMALE BLUE 35 - HATCHED 2010 - KIELDER 1 NEST - UNRINGED PARENTS

MALE WHITE YW - HATCHED 2008 - BASSENTHWAITE - UNRINGED PARENTS 

In the meantime Foulshaw Moss have posted a lovely video on their FB page this morning.

LINK TO FACEBOOK PAGE

© CUMBRIA WILDLIFE TRUST

• Amazing mist!       Thanks  for trying SCYLLA

C CWT Foulshaw Moss

• patily said:
    Thanks  for trying

I haven't done Foulshaw for yesterday yet - you wouldn't believe I've been working all night but I have  Persevere    It's sheer inefficiency, story of my life.

IMAGICAT

• 22 August

The anonymous first-comer made off with last night's leftover, which was more than a tailend:

462 flew with a skinny scrap found by the thick perch here - she was soon back waiting for more but the weather - misty as commented by PATILY - must make fishing impossible.

It's cleared up now but this post only covers up to 07:00.

I'll stop/restart to see if anything's been brought in.

... ... ...

462's patience was rewarded soon after the mist cleared:

She flew with the big headless fish as soon as 463 flew in - I know it was 463 because she went on to pose exactly as in the last 'portrait' where we can clearly see her ring number - but I liked this view with no ring number ;)

She flew off empty.

IMAGICAT

• Somebody just arrived on this beautifully lit nest; squawked a couple of times and flew off

C CWT Foulshaw Moss

• The 02 cam has been cutting out. It's OK at the mo.

IMAGICAT

• 23 August

Lots of trouble with the 02 cam so I had to resort to the 01 cam, where there's no chance of IDs.

A sentry stayed on duty for "ages":

IMAGICAT

• As yesterday Looking rather misty
  • 24 August

Both cams here, PATILY, but I notice some glitches in Cam01.

06:20 - the juvie was screeching off-cam for what seemed like ages before flying in to collect this flounder from YW:

08:50 - a juvie was very disappointed because YW only brought a stick.

This fish was a long time coming:

Add-on - Dad's approach Hugging

Conclusion at the end of the day 24th - 463 is definitely still here but can't vouch for the other two.

25 August

05:30 as reported by PATILY:

There were only corvids for the first few hours of daylight, this one found a scrap:

09:13 fish, can't ID receiver, whoever it was grabbed YW's foot good 'n proper, one of them grunted but I haven't tried to improve the sound:

That was it up to 10:00.

IMAGICAT

• 25 Aug cont'd

11:00 - the juvie just stood there and took over SIX minutes to claim this fish.  Is it because it's the same juvie who got fed less than an hour ago?

Sentry duty again:

Hung around, no-one else arrived, he left:

Another FLOUNDER for supper!

He left some on the nest for tomorow (or for the corvids - we don't know yet):

Shoulda used the other cam, never mind - here was juvie with flounder being stalked by corv:

Definitely #463 Blue heart

Supper video - lots of inactivity included:

IMAGICAT