RUTLAND OSPREY PROJECT 2021

• In reply to Geemeff:

I saw a mention of that incident on another forum and scrolled back to watch--quite amazing, and then the Crows helped themselves to a few bites afterwards--lovely, nothing going to waste.

Kind regards, Ann

• In reply to Geemeff:

I just saw this clip on the other thread, and wondered what happened to the fish! Yuck. Pretty funny when the cormorant arrived back to declare ownership, then seemed to remember it hadn't been able to swallow it. What a quandary!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• It certainly did bite off more than it could chew! I was expecting it to grab the fish once the crows had reduced it in size, but I guess it wasn't hungry any more!! Perhaps it had already had eaten a fish, and the new one just didn't settle in the crop! Just no more room, LOL

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• I was really sorry to read on Raptor Persecution UK site that LRWT has decided that it will no longer be holding the internationally famed 'BirdFair'.  I didn't attend every year, but I was a regular attendee and loved having the opportunity of meeting up with friends I have made on the Forum and FB through my love of osprey.  It will be missed

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• We saw a comment on the Glaslyn YouTube chat, went to the Birdfair website and read the article. Yes, it is sad, but I can understand. It is a huge cost for the LRWT and as a conservation organisation they also need to be setting an example--the carbon emissions from the set up and running of the fair must be large and the emissions from all of the attendees flying in from all over the world as well as driving there must be even larger. We will still try to visit the area once a year, but will go at a different time next year. If another organisation chooses to take over and run Birdfair we will just have to miss it in 2022 but probably would still try to go again in 2023. I expect much more will need to be done to reduce the world-wide travel connected previously to the event. Here is the article from LRWT: birdfair.org.uk/.../

Kind regards, Ann

• The news may have been posted elsewhere as not officially Rutland ? and I cant find a 2022 Rutland thread so I can delete or repost or whatever !!
    There is going to be a Birdfair at Rutland this year and will be organised by Tim Appleton / Global Birding , it will be on 15/16/17 July www.facebook.com/.../956126561738632 , okay it is not at Rutland Water but is nearby at the Rutland Showground so within easy reach of Manton Bay etc .

Valerie

• The news may have been posted elsewhere as not officially Rutland ? and I cant find a 2022 Rutland thread so I can delete or repost or whatever !!
    There is going to be a Birdfair at Rutland this year and will be organised by Tim Appleton / Global Birding , it will be on 15/16/17 July www.facebook.com/.../956126561738632 , okay it is not at Rutland Water but is nearby at the Rutland Showground so within easy reach of Manton Bay etc .

Valerie