Poole Harbour Osprey Project 2021 Season

As it's nearly that time I suppose it's time to start a new Thread for the Upcoming season.

For 2020 thread click HERE

Richard B

• 04 July

Nightjar didn't appear until well into the morning and after the rain had stopped:

IMAGICAT

• Fairly quiet on the nest this morning but 022 and CJ7 did get together for a short while when she brought in a little clump of straw:

I haven't stopped to distinguish which corvid and which falcon, tho I did think "scruffy Crow" at first and am fairly confident re Kestrel.

Only up to about 16:50.

IMAGICAT

• 022 was very keen on mating last evening, with diminishing success:

CJ7 came back around 21:30, waited in vain, flew up to campost, I didn't detect her leave but no-one seen after that.

022 was looking very plump-cropped, CJ7 not.

IMAGICAT

• 05 July

Nightjar (no vocals), spider, and an unproductive cambump:

IMAGICAT

• Ah, not scruffy :( just a few leucistic feather patches. Great in slow mo Scylle :)
    Wonderful night capture of the Nightjars :)
    Spidie looks like Mickey Mouse from time to time :)
    Thank you for all your overtime on the videos Scylla :)
  • 05 July

Empty nest until the afternoon, when CJ7 landed with 3 little chirps, hung around a bit but flew off as she detected 022 flying in - what was that about?!  He was fishless and had a very full crop.

Later 022 brought in a stick and shifted some sticks a few centimetres this way 'n that Wink stood around and flew off over our shoulder:

CJ7 got a measly tailend for supper:

Nasty rainy evening up to 22:30.

IMAGICAT

• 06 July

First sighting was CJ7 with sticks, she only stayed 3-4 minutes:

022 dropped in in the evening for an even shorter visit:

It had been very blustery and wet all day but calmed down from evening onwards, only to worsen after 23:30 for a while, then calm down again.

No-one seen overnight so far.

IMAGICAT

• 07 July

An unusual start to the morning.

I'm sure he must have been skydancing but no amount of twiddling the sound settings will bring anything up besides the wind.

A number of ins 'n outs followed, including:

And then Astonished Astonished Astonished

G'night.

IMAGICAT

• Supper for CJ7 - easy handover but still only half a fish.  She was back in 20 minutes and was still waiting on the nest when my clip ended, I'll check the new one much later.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    She was back in 20 minutes and was still waiting on the nest when my clip ended,

She flew up to the campost @ 21:22 and flew off a bit later, after nightcam, according to a cambump.

New web:

Nightjars - I might have overcooked this a bit, visually, but the sound has turned out quite good - can hear stuff that I couldn't, live - we need headphones for this cam:

022 for 6 minutes:

CJ7 for 2 minutes:

Eyes peeled for this one - corvids fleetingly seen, ospreys fleetingly seen:

That's up to about 08:20.

IMAGICAT