Poole Harbour Osprey Project 2021 Season

As it's nearly that time I suppose it's time to start a new Thread for the Upcoming season.

For 2020 thread click HERE

• CJ7 with half a Mullet (?):

The Greenfinch was back in the evening:

Between 17:00 and 20:00, 022 was on 'n off the nest multiple times, here he was with a good stick:

At 21:00 I had to turn off my downloader's monitor because I got invaded by everything on Carnyx's playlist and every time I stopped a file it would start up again - well, the point is, I forgot to turn it back on again for over an hour, and I've therefore got loads missing and I'm too tired to go thru rollbacks on all (or any!) of the nests.

• Thank you for keeping up with this nest Scylla
  • Fish fight at starting at 1447 Scylla.
  • Unknown said:
    Fish fight at starting at 1447 Scylla.

She was back quite soon, and they were both on the nest, separately and together, later - I'll catch up with that as soon as free.

Thanks, RICHARD Blush

• It didn't take long for CJ7 to dispose of the fish and return to the nest - then there were some failed matings but CJ7 ended up looking cheerful, she flew off with a stick but I couldn't see where:

• 22 June

A "different" orb, it was quite persistent:

022 brought in a curly forked stick @ 08:18.  Pottered a little while.  Was on 'n off a few times by 09:00.

09:24 CJ7 landed, flew off after a couple of minutes, back for the best fish handover so far - she's getting him trained Grin

He waited around for ~10 minutes but CJ7 didn't turn up till an hour after he'd left.  She hung around and flew off, maybe taking the same stick he'd brought in the morning.

Now I want to stop the downloader to access the next 6 hours but I can't... cos there's a NIGHTJAR on the perch Hugging

But the 6-hour mark was reached while the Nightjar was still there, and it flew off right when the huge file was "muxing" so I've had to record it from rollback.  My difficulties pile one on top of the other, and either side, and in all directions actually !!!

022 stayed for a while in the evening, here he was gazing up at who?  He left at (time forgotten) - note the full crop, signifying that CJ7 didn't get all of that fish, if any of it:

I'll post this and check the Nightjar.

• I find that between 22:30 and a bit after 02:30 the Nightjar was on 'n off FIVE times!  No way I can do video/s.

A token - can't be sure if it was the same bird/gender, the white wing-bars aren't always very contrasting:

• 022 was first in some time after 06:00, he was on 'n off 2-3 times before CJ7 arrived after the last time he left... then he turned up with a fish and she was able to take it from him Relaxed

• Second try at this post, had to shut down everything and reboot due to total loss of Windows Explorer.  We're creaking here, me an' my laptop Tired face Grin

022 was on 'n off the nest from mid-afternoon, and in the evening he turned up with half a fish:

He only waited a couple of minutes, CJ7 arrived half an hour later and waited on the nest till 022 landed - fishless.  Mating attempt, but we couldn't see how successful it was so I've chosen this shot for his wings\:

After they left 022 was back briefly another 2-3 times.

The Nightjar made one appearance pre-midnight:

• Ooo, wonderful capture of th NightJar. Thanks Scylla . Also, so lovely to have so many videos. Thank you