Poole Harbour Osprey Project 2021 Season

As it's nearly that time I suppose it's time to start a new Thread for the Upcoming season.

For 2020 thread click HERE

• patily said:
    I was wondering why ther have been no eggs

I really don't know, PATILY, but assume 5 eggs was all she could manage - if only 022 had turned up a few weeks earlier it might be a different story.

Lots of insects on the nest @ 02:00.

A very misty start coming and going, no-one seen on the nest so far:

• MC. You might like to look at Poole at 0409 to see a Nightjar followed by a second a minute or so later. Second is a Male with the white wing spots.
  • Mike B said:
    MC. You might like to look at Poole at 0409 to see a Nightjar followed by a second a minute or so later. Second is a Male with the white wing spots.

To think that it might even have crossed your mind that I wouldn't have checked, dear Mike Astonished Hugging

I hope that the LG osprey proves that I'm not relying on alerts from others, altho it must be said that they come in very handy sometimes Rofl

I've been working on this for h-o-u-r-s but can't get better resolution, nor any better sound than this, tho I seem to have got some at the beginning now:

Feetz again!

Rainy empty nest up to 15:00 --- OMG is that the time? Astonished Astonished Astonished

• Nothing to report besides wind and rain - it eased off between 02:00 and 03:00 but back with a vengeance pre-dawn:

Blue009 - 2018 translocatee - I think he's been mentioned before recently...

Well, the best laid plans and all that, but he's definitely back in the land of his birth, having intruded at Aberfoyle yesterday - but this was all I could capture of him Grin 

Video in the Aberfoyle thread.

• I wonder why the Poole adults don't like Poole Harbour.?
  • 009 died before fledging, sadly. I believe this ring is 600, on upside down. Also, the ring is on the left leg here.

• Blue 600 was seen by Chris Wood March 2020 in the Gambia , a 2019 juvenile from the Loch Lomond area . great to see back
  • Unknown said:

009 died before fledging, sadly. I believe this ring is 600, on upside down. Also, the ring is on the left leg here.

Red-faced response as per Aberfoyle thread - thank you, ALISON Relaxed

Where did you find the info, please, VALIERIE?  It's not in the 3-digit list on UKOspreys.  It's very unusual for me to go looking for ring numbers but I'd better widen my scope!

• Scylla UKOspreys list is totally 'unofficial' sadly people use it to look up details and if the bird is there they never report to Roy Dennis , ALL ringed birds seen should be reported to Roy he is the only person with the official information of all rings and it is important to report them every year so the ringers know they they have returned safely , personally I find it sad that the list exists at all , it is one reason why Rutland dont publish their ring numbers , it is so the ospreys get reported if seen and I do understand that reason .
    I knew the details of Blue 600 because Chris had seen 2020 but it should still be reported to Roy Dennis .
  • The two lovebirds were on the nest a lot this morning - he brought a fish but wouldn't part with it, but when he returned he didn't have it.

I just came to check in case ALISON knew if the fish had been handed over off-cam.

I might not get videos done till tomorrow, what with tiredness and YouTube's glitch.

Here was 022 teasing CJ7 by floating up and down with the fish before eventually flying off with it: