Poole Harbour Osprey Project 2021 Season

As it's nearly that time I suppose it's time to start a new Thread for the Upcoming season.

For 2020 thread click HERE

Richard B

• SheilaFE said:
    Interestingly sky dancing was heard at Glaslyn when she landed

Hi SHEILA Kissing heart  There were chatters reporting skydancing but I heard only chipping and that's all I hear no matter how many times I listen Smirk 

Both CJ7 and 022 have been on the nest thru the afternoon but not together.

022 was there this evening looking extremely well-fed and had blood on his belly.

IMAGICAT

• 06 June evening:

On her way to campost for the last time of the day:

Final visit, still with bloody belly - he flew away to our left:

I shan't be doing any more for a while, due to non-co-operation of RSPB Community website... again!  On a not-first-of-the-month day again!

IMAGICAT

• It's been a struggle to get on to any thread today, thought it might have cleared itself by after lunch but not as yet ! Grrrrrr

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    It's been a struggle to get on to any thread today, thought it might have cleared itself by after lunch but not as yet ! Grrrrrr

What a wonderful friend you are, dear WENDY - it's such a relief to see confirmation that it's not just me Upside down Upside down Upside down

Here was our happy couple this morning, each brought in a stick or more than one:

This visitor spent a minute on the nest before another minute on the perch:

IMAGICAT

• Many thanks for persevering with posting that lovely vid Scylla, do like to watch the antics of this pair, better still if they laid an egg or two!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    better still if they laid an egg or two!

If only he'd arrived a couple of weeks earlier, but at 5 eggs I reckon CJ7 was all egged out Frowning2

07 June - late afternoon after hours of empty nest (volume upped, only the wind fares well on the sound system):

He was back on the nest a couple of times before nightcam.

00:35 the cam started having problems, lots of mini-clips but I can't see any significant time missing.  Anyway, there were only some nuisance spider-generated blobs seen overnight.

A misty start this morning, our couple is well bonded - no spillage seen, instead we have moulting feathers from CJ7 (sound not treated):

That's up to about 06:40.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    but at 5 eggs I reckon CJ7 was all egged out

Silly me, had quite forgotten to take into account all those empty eggs she laid ... what a waste of her resources ... unless you're a Raven!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Five eggs? Thought it was two lots of two. I must have missed one, but not surprising as I've been busy here and with far too much trauma at Dyfi and Glaslyn (and it is ongoing--Telyn now has two talons well and truly through one end of the netting--arrrgh!).

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    Five eggs? Thought it was two lots of two

It was 3 and 2.  We've got too many on-cam nests now, something's gotta give Astonished

Unknown said:
    Telyn now has two talons well and truly through one end of the netting

I keep meaning to check thru Dyf to find out what that stuff was on the nest... am always too late to glean anything from Chat Smirk

IMAGICAT

• This afternoon CJ7 was on the nest 14-14:30, no-one else seen before dark.

IMAGICAT