Poole Harbour Osprey Project 2021 Season

As it's nearly that time I suppose it's time to start a new Thread for the Upcoming season.

For 2020 thread click HERE

• MaryGK said:
    just in case Scylla is busy elsewhere.

I cover the whole day/night in sections when I get around to it, Mary - I shall still do today because my one-and-a-half YouTube followers might like to see Grin 

My Glaslyn was also on 720p but I just changed it to 1080p and it's held thru a refresh.

Poole Harbour was also @ 1080p but I was suspicious, so I did a spearmint and changed Glaslyn to 480p and - lo & behold! - Poole Harbour also went to 480p.

PH was always a rather low res, it will be interesting if CJ7 will look any different when she arrives (we fervently hope).

EDIT - and also fervently hope there will be someone to fertilise her eggs this season Hugging

• A delightful little video , thanks Mary. I changed my settings to 480 quality and it came into focus (just for what it is worth, - I didn't find HD in my settings )

• Another thought - reducing the quality could be very useful if we have broadband capacity problems, trying to cover lots of nests.  I actually don't mind non-HD, as long as we can see what going on clearly enough - and it's usually cams that are trying to send out higher quality than their connection is fit for that causes problems, IMHO Persevere

• Mary, Love the Kestrel video! I wonder if that bird is a 2020-hatched bird, what with all that bouncing around on twigs on the nest; looks like youthful exuberance to me. What do you think?
  • Thanks for your reply re the settings SCYLLA - I think it must be something You tube has done because I am positive all my Loch Arkaig videos I did last year were in HD - but now when I look at them on my Channel they only have the option of 480 p.   I think I need to do a bit of research on this, as I really don't fancy all my videos now showing at only 480 p. which I feel looks very poor on screen.  

• Unknown said:
    Mary, Love the Kestrel video! I wonder if that bird is a 2020-hatched bird, what with all that bouncing around on twigs on the nest; looks like youthful exuberance to me. What do you think?

--------------------------ooooooooooooooooooooooo---------------------------

Ann I am no expert at all, but I thought it looked to be a young bird too.  

• Yesterday:

Last evening - momentary evidence of LenSpider's presence - otherwise it was a very still night again:

Nothing special today up to about 16:25.

• It wont be so still and calm for the next 48 hours, i expect Lenspider may well go.
  • Here's a strand showing signs of the strain you predict, Richard - I'm posting it for KORKY, she may want to send out a rescue party.

• Scylla,
    If you want a laugh look at the hoirizontal rain and the wind @1935. It just shows how exposed an Osprey nest actually is.