Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Take joy and peace where you can find it. 

Stay strong, friends!

• Lindybird said:
    Good tip about the Jeyes fluid, SunnyKate, will try that.

Just a thought,( forgot  the instructions) , so do read,just be careful of pets paws, if gets on ground, I usually spray the sides,  

• Very damp here too. Dau has just gone down to Hitchin to meet up with a friend for lunch, its going to be a bit damp going round the town .
  • Another reason to buy pumpkins.... Red Squirrels like them. A near neighbour is a photographer and he has taken a pic of a red squirrel having a nibble at one in his garden The pumpkin has been cut open and secured on a stick so it doesn't roll off the stand.
  • CLARE Guising is banned here. Never liked the "Trick or Treat" idea. Not how we used to do it.
  • sorry, should have made it clear, that no guising is for this year.
  • Morning all: Brilliant sunshine but very cool by our standards. No rats overnight so either they've put out the word and are waiting for us to let our guard down or that's all there were, but I have doubts about that!

Meanwhile, spoke to daughter yesterday. I typically take her some packs of Madras Lentils from Costco (lots of tasty protein) when I visit since she doesn't get to the Costco in Prescott. I put the boxes into her pantry on arrival and she opened one yesterday to find a stash of medieval history books. OH must have used an empty Lentil box to pack things in prior to all the work on the house and I, in my zeal for 'a place for everything and everything in its place' must have moved that box to where we keep other foodstuffs. After all, if it says "Madras Lentils' then it belongs with the other boxes right? Oh well. Daughter and I had a good laugh.....

Am cleaning the fans before storing them in the attic for winter and then will put away some of the patio chairs too. Clothes are still in 'wrong' closet areas due to fluctuating temps. No winds up here, but friends in Orange County are in a holding pattern due to bad fires down there - very close to heavily populated areas..

Be safe all.....
  • Hi! Sorry for the extended lurking, but I have been reading! My head has been wrestling with kitchen brochures, arrangements for the new boiler, finding painters for the outside window frames (now waiting for two consecutive fine days) and something else I can't remember! Also, as LINDA said, there was the church magazine, which needed changes and some late additions - and a page which I had to make up as the elders had not met to produce an expected update. It will be printed tomorrow, so that's it for another month.

J seemed good yesterday, after his return to work coinciding with the end of the October holiday, and today he stayed late to lend a listening ear, or maybe even a shoulder to cry on, for a colleague! Glad it is his Wednesday (day off) tomorrow. We had our regular podiatrist here today - no dressings on my toes this time. She couldn't find a cause for my painful heel, but her massage has left it feeling much better!

One reply I must make is to tell AQ I was sorry to read about your diagnosis, but how quickly you are being attended to - I believe you actually said surgery will be next week! I will think of you and pray for your treatment and healing. Heather was right when she remembered that I had a similar diagnosis in 2015 - should have been signed off at five years, but of course no appointments now due to the pandemic!

I hope everyone else is well and shall try to make a fresh start on here tomorrow. R.
  • ANNETTE – I would wait to see if another colony of rats decides to taken over such a desirable plot. Is Dau able to digest her “lentils”? Heavy reading I imagine!

OG – Thank you for your supportive words. Next week is the last consult after all tests are in, with the op planned for the following week. It gives me time to check the pantry, make chicken & veg pie for freezer and even a photo escape to Port Adelaide and/or Semaphore.

A puggle is a baby echidna or platypus. This one was lucky.

• Sometimes my mind wanders and other times it goes away completely.

There have been times when I lose half of my mind and the other half goes to find it.

I live in my own little world, but that's okay. They like me there.