Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Take joy and peace where you can find it. 

Stay strong, friends!

• Heather B - thinking of you and just hope Callum will talk to someone even if its not family, to air his problems .

AQ - reading between the lines, I take it you have had some news re health. Do hope you will receive the treatment you need (if that is the case) and a speedy return to good health. a friend of mine has just come through a cycle of chemo and this was her second call as she was treated over 3 years ago for another cancer. She has come through and is making steady progress . Thoughts are with you.

OH is off to the hospital on Thurs for his scan. He has an aeortic aneurysm and it has to be checked every 3 months to see if it has grown.
    I think we have mice around in the garage and house but it is difficult to pin them down. We found that certain things in the gargae they found their way into some food stuffs. They have now been tidied up and put into plastic boxes and this has deterred them.
  • We don't do halloween either. When church was normal they always put on a "Bright Lights " party to show that there was always good around. Difficult at present to do something similar. Not in favour at all of the kids going round.
  • AQ - read later that you have been referred pretty quickly so hopefully treatment will take off soon.
  • Annette: It was prairie field mice who did the damage to my car wiring. I'm constantly working to keep those critters out of the house and my car. I need to put a new box of stinky moth balls in the engine compartment and in the interior. Sigh... It's turning cold here, and they're looking for shelter for the winter.

You reminded me that I wanted to share this true story. 

The other day, the highway department finally opened up my highway, and I went to the supermarket to stock up on groceries and supplies. I was especially eager to get food because I'm uneasy about what's going to happen around next week's election. I may go back and get another load of food before next week.

Anyway, when I opened my car's trunk (the boot), I found a bunch of small freshwater mussels, presumably from my creek. Here's the strange part: The mussels were all lined up, perfectly placed in a straight-line row! I swear it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. It was creepy! LOL!!!

I assume it was the work of a raccoon (or maybe a squirrel or muskrat?), possibly one with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). LOL! 

I didn't see how the culprit got into my trunk (no visible holes), but apparently it was using it as a dining table. LOL LOL

• Thank you KATE, ANNETTE, LYNETTE.

I’ve seen Doc & clinic nurse, had blood tests & ECG. Next week full body scan and will see Doc after that. I don’t need an MRI. Op the following week. So plenty of time to add to supplies in pantry & fridge.

DIANE – Your racoon LOL. One of  our city-dwelling ferals has been the talk of the town.

• Just a thought

Don’t quit yet, the worst moments are usually followed by the most beautiful silver linings. You have to stay strong, remember to keep your head up and remain hopeful.

• aquilareen said:
    Op the following week.

Please God all will go welland so pleased things moving quickly.

Diane     how very strange, re the Mussels ,good job you opened the trunk sooner rather than later.also you reminded me that the annoying critters don't like certain smells ( mothballs)

and remembered that any unwanted Rats,around the wood shed don't like the smell of 'Jeyes' fluid, 

• Good Morning. Very wet here.

AQ, Great that things are moving on quickly. Thinking of you and the family. Thanks for posting the story of the Fox!!

Good tip about the Jeyes fluid, SunnyKate, will try that.

Diane, love the mussels story!
  • Good morning, all! It's going to be a wet day here so I'll be exercising my new addiction to Jigsaw Planet.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.