Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Take joy and peace where you can find it. 

Stay strong, friends!

• Thank you DIANE, happy to accept your joy and peace.

Oh dear, there seemed to be a takeover attempt by LINDA last thread. A good thing she isn’t in a debate, no one would get a word in edgeways LOLOLOL.

CLARE - C-mas has been put on hold here as Halloween nears. Already we have had the letters to editor complaining about the “American” custom, not realizing it goes way back to the Celts.

Thank you LINDA, DIBNLIB, HARELADY & PAT for your kind words. I’ve told OH, both Daus, my 2 best-est friends and you people. A lovely friend sent a virtual bunch of flowers. Anyone else, well, if I happen to run into them and they happen to ask how I am. I shall defer Bossy Sister as she will only lecture me on what she thinks I should be doing and I don’t need any gruesome stories. I’d rather listen to Doc.

• Just a thought

Friends are like rainbows, always there to cheer you up after a storm.

• Evening all:

Diane:  Thank you!!

AQ;  Halloween here has been scaled back significantly and I won't be leaving the front door light on for any trick-or-treaters this year.   Agree we must keep an eye on Lindybird's attempts to dominate the thread.  :-))    

We have uninvited guests again in the form of rats that were evicted from neighbor's tree when it was pruned heavily and which have been visiting our garage at night.  We keep the bird food in the garage and the pesky pests chewed very neat holes in the lids of two new plastic containers two nights in a row!   We finally bought a locking metal bin yesterday and they ate the label on the lid last night.  We've got the pest control people coming next week (they're very busy) but meanwhile the folks across the street (who have had similar problems) recommended a battery operated electronic trap that zaps the critters (instant and painless it says!).  Apparently Costco had them in stock, so off I went.  It's very high tech - it has a wifi link that sends a notification to your phone letting you know when it's snagged a rat. No thank you!!  Just what I don't need at 2 a.m.  We'll just check each morning.  Anyway, you can dispose of the bodies without having to get up close and personal, which is what I hate about normal traps...... OK, so just now there was a commotion on the roof.  I went out to see one of another neighbor's three cats up there, hopefully chasing rats??

• AQ: The Eastern Kingbirds on my land are the fiercest, bravest, most tenacious birds I know. So, I'm sending this one to keep watch over you while you undergo treatment. I wish you a speedy recovery. Be good to yourself!

• Annette: Oh, dear. I do not envy you the rats. Good luck. 

• Good morning, all.  I've just seen an amazing photo online which badly needs to be shared!  Hope you all like it.

Aquilareen, I'm keeping everything crossed that you come through this frightening diagnosis OK.  Thank goodness it appears to have been detected early.

• Good Morning. Sunny here! Hooray!

Clare, a great photo, and interesting to hear about the photographer.

I see my plan for takeover and world domination has failed again....
  • You reminded me to post this inspiring picture which I saw the other day, Clare....  a lesson from nature in how to start again.

• Lindybird said:
    I see my plan for takeover and world domination has failed again....

You need to try a bit harder.  A world dominated by you would be quite interesting!

• I know who I would incarcerate first!!!

Laughter lessons would be compulsory in schools.
    All children would be taught how to be polite, how to fill in a tax return, how to cook a healthy meal, and what politicians do all day.

Industries would have to contribute to a Clean Water Fund for everywhere in the world where they don't have it.

All guns everywhere would be melted down and the metal used to build trams so that the air would be cleaner in cities.

It would be a start!!