Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Take joy and peace where you can find it. 

Stay strong, friends!

• Hallo all:

AQ:  Love the puggle - what a cutie.   I suspect we shall see the 'lentils' back here next trip.  We have the rat man coming Thursday p.m.; I want him to find out how they're getting into the roof and thence to the garage.   Will bait the trap again tonight and see if anything shows up.  The rate your docs are moving you may not miss too many outings!

OG: Happy to read that J had a good day and maybe able to sort out a colleague.   Well, if you're planning a kitchen remodel and paint work, we'll expect to hear less from you - there are so many decisions to make it can be exhausting..

SunnyKate:  I vaguely remember Jeyes and went online to check it out.  Some customers said it had gone 'green' and wasn't as effective as the original product, but sound like you're happy with it.

Off to rake up some leaves - green bins are picked up tomorrow.....

And we still haven't heard from bjane.  Does anyone know if she's on Facebook or have any idea what her real name is? 

• Annette: I don't know her real name. I did a search on Facebook for B Jane in Cedar Rapids, but it didn't turn up anyone.
  • One clue.... one of my pics recently, had a "like" on it from bjane. ...

I was hoping she might start posting after that.
  • Diane/Lindybird:  Thanks re bjane - that she 'liked' one of Lindybird's photos is reassuring; let's hope we'll hear from her soon.

Take care all.

• ANNETTE: I know bjane has a lot of demands on her, especially caring for her daughter. Also, that massive August derecho storm wiped out or heavily damaged a lot of residences. It did $7.5 billion in damages. She may have had to move or she could even be living in one of the shelters. Or she may not have reliable Internet. She also may simply be overwhelmed by everything going on in the world. I hope she is safe and comfortable. I understand if she can't post.

I just checked a Cal Fire map, and it looks like you are safe from the new SoCal fires, at least for now. That's good.
  • Good Morning. Was going to write "dry here" but it just began raining!!

Hope everyone is having a good week. I know some of you are coping with problems and worries, but hey, we're still here!! {{HUGS}}

Here is a quote I found:  I think it's rather beautiful.

As you float now, where I held you and let go, remember
    When fear cramps your heart, what I told you:
    Lie gently and wide to the light-year stars, lie back, and the sea will hold you.

From First Lesson, by Philip Booth -- American poet 1925-2007.

• Lindybird:  Lovely quote; make me feel quite weepy.  

Diane:  Yes, indeed - I've been through all those reasons why we haven't heard from bjane and it may indeed be a case of  "all of the above."   I don't like to think of her having her usual problems so exacerbated.

Waiting for coffee to finish, then back to bed with my book.

• All overslept today but had quite a relaxed morning. E-E has now gone to do the mag printing and a few messages on the high street.

AQ – so glad you have been able to plan what you do next week to be ready for the following week! Hope you can get the photographing trip. I loved all the quotes – they exactly sum up my mind these days!

ANNETTE – no decisions over the little bit of paintwork – just “same again” to keep the window frames protected against weather. New boiler installation will be straightforward on Monday – and we received our “Covid 19 instructions” by email today – basically, open the windows and stay out of the way! They will clean everything, but OH will do a second clean in the afternoon – luckily, it’s a morning visit. Kitchen requires more thought but no big hurry – looking at spring for the work. Sorry about the Rat infestation – only time we saw any here (only two, I think) was when some new houses were being built further out of town and they had to open up the drains to join them to the system. Had to laugh at the Lentils story! I too hope that BJANE will start posting again – but she is probably busy with her daughter – and she never was a person to stand still for long!

LINDA – mostly dry here, with only a couple of showers, but they were quite heavy and windy. Sparrows are eating like there’s no tomorrow – they must have seen the forecast which says it will be very heavy rain all day! I must admit I don’t understand that quote – obviously haven’t got my poetry brain on today – sounded a bit like the end of Titanic the movie!
  • I planned a photo escape this morn but the sky is overcast and leaking little drips. It’s still early and I’ll wait to see if it improves or follows the weather girl’s predicted “splash”. OH wandered in asking did I know where were his hedge cutters (we don’t have a hedge, I didn’t ask...). I suggested garage or another spot he deposits “stuff”, not there. By the time I had finished breakfast, my brain had downloaded a possibility. Yep, they were in a box in garage where I had collected his miscellaneous items strewn across garage floor. By then, he didn’t want them, having found something smaller to trim whatever. I don’t ask; I just find!

Melbourne has relaxed their second wave restrictions after 4 months of lockdown. Shops, hairdressers & restaurants can open. People can leave home for no reason, but only within 25 km. Church services 10 people. House visits 2 adults (+ dependents) allowed each day. Regional Victoria is even less strict. Your turn will come, soon I hope.