Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Take joy and peace where you can find it. 

Stay strong, friends!

• I don't like Halloween either - over priced and over hyped, just to make money. Bring back the days of toffee apples and apple bobbing, & ghost stories by the fire!

Our shops are full of stupid outfits for children who hardly know what they're supposed to be celebrating. Grump. I do, however buy a pumpkin, as I make pumpkin pie which we love.
  • Lindy, you are one of the few who actually buy pumpkins for the right reason! Enjoy the pie.
  • I'm missing OG- or have I not been paying attention?
  • OG is fine, Heather. She has been busy preparing the Parish Magazine, I think. So not posting quite as much.
  • I've usually enjoyed handing out candies - the little kids are so sweet and excited and most say thank you (and if they forget, lurking parent or I remind them).   Older kids (12-15?) are usually hyped up but not aggressive or bothersome (no money demands for sure!).   Still, in non-Covid times, more schools host family events on premises with an eye to reducing street action.

AQ:  I like the sound of your lady doc and the speed at which things are happening.  

Off to Tai Chi and modest workout at the Y, where things are strictly controlled.  I was one of only two people in the weight-equipment room earlier this week.  Meanwhile, lots of guys busy in the now-outside free weight area....

Oh, - and one more dead rat last evening!  Nothing overnight and no telltale signs of anything either....

• Glad you seem to be winning the war with the rats, Annette. I have had to keep my mouth shut here with the neighbours, when there is talk of there being quite a few around here, as there are those who think they should be treated as "cute creatures" and not eradicated. I do hate killing things, myself, but there are so many that they must be a health hazard. We try to kill them as humanely as possible.
  • Good evening, all! We're back from a trip to Snettisham and we are absolutely knackered. It was a glorious afternoon but the birds gave their flying display a miss. Worth going, and then some.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Heather -- Now I look back, although we have written quite a few pages already, I can't see any posts from OG on this thread. But my answer, before, probably still stands.

Well, Ruby passed her MOT so we were pleased. We're undecided about how long we'll continue to run two cars as it seems extravagant, but I convinced myself that it doesn't mean we use more petrol, necessarily! I used to get out and about more, once, but it's still useful to be able to jump in the car when my OH is off on the golf course. We live within walking distance of the town shops but nowadays I find I can't manage to carry heavy bags back home if I do a shop. And I go to nearby towns sometimes, for things we can't get here.

It's been very wet today but I've been busy in the house, although as usual, there's not much to show for it! Interesting that they've found water on the moon....
  • Lindy, we still have a car each. Very useful if one of them needs some TLC!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hello all and thank you Diane for the start to the week.

Well, Lindybird, you have some really good ideas. I have always condemmed the right of the American to carry guns and would want that right taken away from them as in all cases where guns are allowed to be part of a person.

Love the ideas for the children too, and of course industry. Onwards marching towards a better world., oh what a dream.