Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SEPTEMBER EQUINOX

The equinox is Tuesday in the UK, US, and Australia!

Everyone have a safe, healthy, joyful week!!!

• I sympathise and agree. I couldn't believe it when I heard that Lancashire was going to be severely restricted....apart from Blackpool as they had fewer cases than average. Well they won't have when everyone floods in for the illuminations!!! Bonkers
  • DIANE Thanks for starting the week. Your opinions and advice is always welcome. You never know when it may be of help.
  •   OG  Hope things improve for you.

I had thought I had posted a pic of the beach at Dornoch, but can't find it so here it is  and another of the Caledonian canal this morning.

• Lovely, Dibnlib. I haven't seen either place in years! It's nice to be reminded.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• dibnlib - Your picture of Dornoch brought a smile to my face. The last time I was at Dornoch, a few years ago now, I was playing golf. We started in sunshine with a pretty strong wind. Then, as we played along the top of the cliffs, the weather changed - driving rain and (we were told afterwards) 70mph winds. Most of us gave up after ten holes! So I'm delighted to see it in a kinder mode.

Sunny here, and warm. Enjoyed my drive across Ashdown Forest this morning, the first time since January. Plenty of almost suicidal sheep all over the road, and a very large black cow who wished me 'good morning' as I drove past. I gather we're in for cold, wet and miserable at the end of the week ... when I'm supposed to be going down to Somerset. Unless Boris tells me I have to stay at home again for the foreseeable future.
  • I hope it only mooed, Pat.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - I drove past with the window closed, so I couldn't hear the words ...I took it as 'good morning'! But of course I could have been wrong ...
  • I should mention that we saw the osprey again at Woodbridge on Thursday - here's a photo:

• Lovely osprey pic, Clare. And thanks for your pics of Scotland, Dibnlib.

We've enjoyed a stunning and bright day, here. We were interrupted, sitting on our decking, by friends who came to talk to us - we passed them some chairs so they could sit and talk, and so they stayed. They did not leave until gone 2.30pm, and we usually eat lunch between 12.30 and 1.00pm!! So were longing for our grub. My OH ate his sausage rolls so fast, he then got indigestion!

Enjoyed a walk just now on path above a nearby beach, but sadly there had been hundreds of day trippers who had left a lot of litter - Bonnie found and ate half a portion of chips, and then some sort of sandwich, still in the packaging....