Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SEPTEMBER EQUINOX

The equinox is Tuesday in the UK, US, and Australia!

Everyone have a safe, healthy, joyful week!!!

• Lovely osprey pic, Clare. And thanks for your pics of Scotland, Dibnlib.

We've enjoyed a stunning and bright day, here. We were interrupted, sitting on our decking, by friends who came to talk to us - we passed them some chairs so they could sit and talk, and so they stayed. They did not leave until gone 2.30pm, and we usually eat lunch between 12.30 and 1.00pm!! So were longing for our grub. My OH ate his sausage rolls so fast, he then got indigestion!

Enjoyed a walk just now on path above a nearby beach, but sadly there had been hundreds of day trippers who had left a lot of litter - Bonnie found and ate half a portion of chips, and then some sort of sandwich, still in the packaging....
  • Pics of the beach, as the tide went out: someone was exercising a horse...

• Then I realised there were two horses:

• Pic of the beach in the other direction: Isle of Anglesey on the horizon.

• Didn’t get back as promised - these garden afternoons are causing havoc with my online social life! Now I see not just the one extra page but three! Can’t reply to each individually.

SUNNY KATE – thanks for the advice. Because I have to spend a lot of time sitting, I have been doing blood pumping exercises for years, but I did try harder after reading your post – and no need for the apology! It’s always good to see you on this thread.

CLARE – I love Curlews – Thanks. Lovely clear photos of a very handsome specimen! And the later post of Osprey photo – fabulous!

HEATHER – short and sweet appearance from you – hope you are okay and that Bro is doing well.

DIBNLIB – I think Blackpool’s troubles begin from now on having read of the overcrowding there this weekend. Nice photos!

PAT – I suppose the sheep in Ashdown Forest have got used to traffic-free Sundays. How did it go at church? Our possible re-opening will probably be when we are all getting instructions for a new lockdown – not that I am being pessimistic, just realistic!

LINDA – pleased you are enjoying good weather in Wales – and after a few blips in the week, next Friday and Saturday are looking good too! Sorry about the late lunch, and the litter on your walk – especially Bonnie’s finds.

It was another great afternoon for Butterfly and Bee watching – not to mention the usual flock of Sparrows – what a racket! I have got a wee table now to use in the garden – just the right height for taking seed-pods off the fuchsias – makes me feel a bit useful!
  • Thank you Diane for the start to a new week. My they are flying by despite all the problems with Covid. It's a pity the festival couldn't go ahead but surely people will realise it was the right thing to do. Hopefully all will be OK for next year.

Well, we should have been off to Scotland for 5 days tomorrow but it was cancelled as not viable so I will have to visit scenes online to remind me how beautiful it is.

Start of Autumn on Tuesday - nights are drawing in and they reckon it will get a bit colder through the week.
  • Hey Clare, that's great, 21 years, - Congratulations for Friday. Love the pic of the curlew.

Still working on my ancestry and have traced back as far as the 1400's and my 17th Grandfather who is of Scottish ancestry - also discovered that I'[m related to the lairds of Drunlanrig. Really is fascinating to discover distant relatives in the Dumfries area.

Our church is hoping to open next week on a limited basis providing guidelines don't change. It will be nice to get back into a fellowship and see everyone again - hopefully.
  • dibnlib - that is my area and wanted to go up and see brother in the summer holidays but they were still on a limited lockdown (Salford area) so hoping to go up at half term in October but looking at things now it seems highly unlikely. This virus has a lot to answer for.. Lovely pics.
  • Lindybird - thanks for posting pics of the beach - we can but dream of holidays to come.
  • DIANE – Thank you for advice. If another comes, I shall block it. And you are NOT a bossy old woman; I always appreciate your wisdom and links.

DIBNLIB – Thanks for bringing back memories of Dornoch. On our “scenic tour” of UK we stayed overnight there – long evening light, OH & I walked on the beach after dinner. So peaceful.

LINDA – Have you thought of feeding Bonnie instead of expecting her to scavenge? Only joking.

LYNETTE – A pity you can’t have your holiday in Scotland, but safer for you that it is cancelled.

Victoria has gradually reduced daily new covid cases from a peak of over 700 three months ago to Saturday’s 14, yesterday 11. The regional areas have reduced restrictions but Melbourne is still in Stage 4. Another stupid demo by stupid people yesterday in Melbourne shopping centre. They claimed a success because they tied up police resources in clearing the demo. All appeared to be young. They should be sent to work in a covid ward.