Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SEPTEMBER EQUINOX

The equinox is Tuesday in the UK, US, and Australia!

Everyone have a safe, healthy, joyful week!!!

• Good morning – OH food shopping so I have time and space his morning.

CLARE – sounds as if you are disapproving of Helen but can’t say to much, I hope she will settle after some teenage rebellion – guess she must be nearly 19 now. Happy Anniversary to you two; enjoy your meal out. Don’t forget they have to close at 10pm!

LINDA – hope he gets a clear road and safe return. I had wondered about the transport issue, but I know you walk quite a lot anyway. Can’t try M&S/Ocado ordering – they don’t come over the border! Pain is totally back to my normal now, less screaming! Looks as if the Bunnies enjoyed a day without Bonnie! Typical little Welsh chapel!

ANNETTE – Maybe a good idea to space bushes somewhat (I expect that is a redundant word!) to allow air to circulate – but of course that air could bring in weeds which have room to grow – a garden is always a work in progress!

Don’t really know what the day holds – maybe a breathing space to calm down after a hectic week.
  • Happy Anniversary Clare and Limpy!! Enjoy your meal - that pub is one Ive been meaning to try, so glad to hear you recommend it.

I have finally managed to pass on your message to Louise - although we are next door neighbours we usually only see each other at weekends but I caught her yesterday when she got home from work. She said that quote a few RSPB people have left and some to Suffolk Wildlife Trust like her. She said hello back and all the best to you and Limpy.

• LINDA - I want to "like" your chapel double or triple!!! It reminds me of some of the chapels in the Copper Triangle, the mining area of Yorke Peninsula. I see OG says typical Welsh chapel. We had Welsh smelters and Cornish miners out here.
  • Unknown said:
    CLARE – sounds as if you are disapproving of Helen but can’t say to much, I hope she will settle after some teenage rebellion – guess she must be nearly 19 now.

She is 20.  Her sole interests now are seeing her friends and drinking.  We regularly clash with her and her behaviour is not doing Limpy (or me) any favours - in fact, we're desperate for her to move out.  The housing situation here is terrible - this town is full of well-off retired people, and too many new builds are snapped up by buy-to-let investors.  Where on earth are the young people supposed to go?

Unknown said:
    Happy Anniversary to you two; enjoy your meal out. Don’t forget they have to close at 10pm!

Many thanks for that - our booking is at 7.00 and we'll be gone long before they close.  I'm really looking forward to it.

• Unknown said:
    Happy Anniversary Clare and Limpy!! Enjoy your meal - that pub is one Ive been meaning to try, so glad to hear you recommend it.

Thank you!  We strongly recommend it - make sure you book first, they are really popular.

Unknown said:
    I have finally managed to pass on your message to Louise - although we are next door neighbours we usually only see each other at weekends but I caught her yesterday when she got home from work. She said that quote a few RSPB people have left and some to Suffolk Wildlife Trust like her. She said hello back and all the best to you and Limpy.

Lovely job - thanks for that!  I'm hoping to see her when the new Visitor Centre opens at Carlton Marshes - it'll be good to have a catch up.

• Happy Anniversary from here as well Clare and Limpy. Enjoy your evening.

Annette and AQ, We have a weather forecaster on the BBC who sometimes apologises when she has to tell us about continual cold or wet weather.
  • OMG.  I just typed a massive response and then closed the window before it uploaded.  Here's an abbreviated version:

Limpy: Wonderful to see you - lovely photos.  You and Clare are a great team.  Happy Anniversary and hope you enjoy your chish and fips.

Clare: None of my business, but I'm sure I can't be the only one who can empathize.  Any chance H could rent a flat with two, three or however many friends it takes (on a planet far, far away comes to mind)?   Maybe it would be worth your while to help that happen; peace of mind or at least a good night's sleep is priceless.   I remember visiting my grandson in his first apartment and being horrified at the number of empty bottles of booze that he'd used to 'decorate' the tops of his kitchen cabinets.  All over that now, thank heaven.  And the less said about my daughter's younger years, the better other than she now disapproves of practically everything she did back then! :-)   

Lindybird:  Hope OH's golf game was worth the drive.  When are you guys heading home?

OG:  Jammed up plants are due to my poor pruning at the wrong time of year so some shrubs ended up with growth at the very tips and lots of dead stuff on the interior. This particular lavender has a life-span of about 6 years and had developed ever larger patches of dead branches, which weren't salvageable and left great ugly holes in the bush which didn't fill in nicely at all.  Another First World problem though...

OK, let's try this again, then off out the door to somewhere or other....

Take care all.

• ANNETTE - an elderly Scotsman taught me years ago how to rejuvenate a Lavender (or heather, sage, or anything else which gets bare "legs"). Dig it up, then dig a hole deeper than the leggy bits and drop it in up to the bottom of the good top growth. Water very well, and regularly, and it will grow from there, he said!