WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2020

Hallo all.  Have a wonderful week.

• Hi! I looked in on Sat evening, but was too tired to write – can’t remember what we actually did Sat, but I seem to remember it being quite productive. I do remember Sun – it was a tidying day, rationalising some cupboards and final decision about some flinging, so I was happy to be in charge! I said after that it had been a good, happy day, mostly spent together but getting things done. All the optics (cameras, binoculars, telescope) are now together in one cupboard in the dining room, easily accessible for birds feeding just outside. One birdie mishap – a sad little pile of feathers where Sparrow Hawk had plucked his breakfast. The dining room shuffle also emptied some actual space in my wardrobe, so we sorted that too. On Sat, J went to buy himself a new mobile phone – not sure he has really chosen wisely, but it’s up to him. Yesterday he was mostly pootling around in his room.

Good to see read posts from so many. Saw those Californian wildfires on the news – doesn’t seem long enough since the last wildfire season! I hope ANNETTE (and visitors) will stay safe – and also get lower temperatures soon. Also AQ, finding it unseasonably hot for spring. About ornaments, I got rid of many – adopting my Mother’s view that even if someone gave me one, it became mine to do as I wished! I have hung onto my collection of wooden owls etc, but they are in a display cupboard with glass doors so they rarely need dusting!
  • So tired after busy family weekend which included lots of garden stuff.
    Thanks to all for posts, will come back here when mental and physical energy returns!
  • Morning all:

Oh Heather:  I'm exhausted and entire family is due here at noon.  Smoke in the air but who knows from which fire!

AQ;  Tx for whale link.  Also saw that humpbacks are making an appearance in the waters off New York due to cleaner ocean - and are now getting caught up in fishing gear, etc.  It took a rescue crew two days to free one - a major effort by some dedicated people.

They claim it's going to be much cooler (mid-80s) today, but....

Tx everyone for updates; nice to know you're all out there....

• I'm out here all right. Just struggling to connect! Wrote a whole couple of paragraphs at lunchtime but then it just wouldn't post..... my language was not ladylike... it also disappeared so now I have to remember what I wrote, gah!
  • Hope you're both resting now, both of you.
  • Does that sentence make any sense??

Thanks to AQ for the whales article - saw something about it in the Telegraph, which I read online but dont subscribe to  so often only get to read a quarter of an article. 

• Lindybird said:
    Does that sentence make any sense??

Yes, both of them.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• HEATHER - hope you will soon feel more relaxed.

ANNETTE - I hope family all arrived safe and well - enjoy their visits.

LINDA - you seem to often get connection problems. I wonder whether using one device consistently might be better.

CLARE - like it!

Had my expected call from physio this afternoon. Was fine about me only doing little bits of exercise when I can. I am apparently no longer listed for rheumatology (it was they who referred me to her) but she says since my worse problem is the extremely useless hip joint, she wanted to contact orthopaedic surgeon for me - so I gave permission.

J went for his blood test this morning on the way to work, and came home very grumpy and negative this afternoon. Wears me out.
  • Good evening, all.  I now know that the seals we saw at Winterton last week were grey seals - I'm going to attempt to pop a link to the relevant thread here.

I hope this works!

EDIT: Yay!  The photos are further up the page.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good to see your photographs again, Clare. I've missed them ...