WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2020

Hallo all.  Have a wonderful week.

• Oh Diane, you are having a time of it. Hope you managed to get some food in. There is nothing worse as when they close roads to do maintenance and its the road you want to use.. We came back from a small shopping foray yesterday and had to do a round the houses route home as the road home was blocked which only happened whilst we were out. At least there is an election coming up so you can vote for who you would prefer!!!!!

Hello AQ - like your quotes for Fater's Day down under.

Hello Claire - not on here a lot but haven't seen your name recently - do hope you are all OK and that Limpy is coping .

Hi to Lindybird, Rosy, and Annette.

Weather not been too bad down here. Watched most of the cricket this afternoon where England won -2 matches up now.

Rosy - is that a communal garden you are talking about. Hopefully more planting could take place in the spring or when suitable. Glad it was an enjoyable foray.

Yes, our schools went back on Thursday - Dau said it went well and everyone was glad to be back allbeit in classroom bubbles. Must have been strange for son after all those months on furlough.
  • I’m going into hibernation – we are expecting 31 C today with north (hot) winds. It’s too early; it is supposed to be Spring! Each day more bulbs are flowering, now I have white irises & Scillies to add to the bluebells. Even the crab apple is flowering on one sheltered side.

Dau phoned last eve moaning about a hectic school week. Book week parade (dressing up), Father’s Day stall, and today school photos. School has decided to postpone sports day until next term – twins have been practising 3-legged race. School gave s-i-l a hairdressing award for his daily efforts on the Trio while Dau’s hand was too sore. He can manage bunches, plaits, pony tails – I joked I wanted to see him do French braids and African beaded heads.

• Just a thought

Live each day as if your life had just begun. (Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe)

• Hi all:  Busy finding dirt in all kinds of unexpected places today - but most of the stuff is back where it typically belongs.  And if it isn't - oh well.    Incredibly hot in the valley behind LA today - 121F. (49C)  'Nuff said.  Not so bad here, but...   Am really looking forward to the winter this year.

AQ:  Hairdressing award - how cool.  

Rosy: Had to smile at the tree comments - yes, trees do get big.  :-)

Take care all

• ANNETTE: I heard the news about the crazy Los Angeles heat, and I saw it was hot in Santa Barbara, too. I stopped in here to check on you. Don't try to do too much until the heat wave is over. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!
  • You both have my sincere sympathy, Annette and Aquilareen - I don't do heat very well at all and, even at our hottest, we don't get temperatures of 49° - or 31° in spring. I really hope it doesn't continue for long.
  • Lynette D said:
    Hello Claire - not on here a lot but haven't seen your name recently - do hope you are all OK and that Limpy is coping .

Hi Lynette - we're OK and Limpy is doing surprisingly well.  Long may that continue!

• Good Morning. Grey here and damp, but the weather supposed to be drier this week, and to warm up slightly (it's been only 13 - 16 degrees here lately) Sorry to hear about the opposite there, AQ and Annette, not pleasant.

As I typed the above, a bit of film was shown on the TV News: "Here is film of an osprey catching fish" it was announced. Then a very short but dramatic clip of an osprey UNDERWATER appearing and grabbing a fish!! Never been filmed before, and took years to set up, they said. I'm sure you could find the clip on the BBC News website.

Wow.
  • Clare, so glad for you both, to hear that Limpy is doing so well. Give him a {{HUG}} from me, socially distanced, of course!!
  • For ANNETTE and anyone else interested in whales.