Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full on Monday, 3 August, in the U.K. and U.S.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe week! 

• How exciting, OG. Hope it's not too complicated setting it up.

Heather, rather worrying for you. Hope your son gets some advice.

We heard from our Site Manager in Wales that our caravan gas boiler is now fixed, thank goodness. We were relieved not to need a new boiler, but now await the repair bill with some trepidation!
  • Hallo all:  An almost-normal day here.  My Tai Chi class is being held in the front patio of the Y so I tootled off there this morning - it was so nice to do something that's part of my former normal routine.  

Lindybird:  I tend to catch leaves etc. down my bra!  Have learned to put a paper napkin under my chin to catch the food, but that doesn't stop stuff getting on my fingers. Sigh. :-)  Only one pair of shoes in the trash can?  Can we assume they're the ones with the soles gone or are you keeping those for a  - um - rainy day?   Good that the boiler in Wales is fixed. When do you think you'll be down there again?

SunnyKate: I have the Heavens Above website bookmarked.  It's great coz you can put in your location and see what's going on.

Heather:  Facetimed with niece in the UK today who worries about her bro who has similar problems as your one (and he's the same age).   He's been the one doing the homeschooling (with three kids) and I suspect his wine intake has gone up exponentially!

OG:  Sounds like it was easy to get used to the new computer.  What programs are you running?  Any significant differences?

Ms. D's school opened today (distance learning) with a 'drive-around' the school to wave to teachers and stop a various booths to pick up info, schedules, etc. Granddaughter has set up what looks like a real classroom, complete with wall art, charts, etc.. at partner's home.  His kids are in a different school district, which at this point is set to open 'normally' in a couple of weeks.  There's an option for online learning, but partner's ex-wife doesn't want to do that.   If those kids attend 'normal' school, granddaughter and Ms. D will pitch their tent at daughter's house and await any untoward developments.  What a hassle.

Wonder when Wendyb is these days?  Surely  her daughter has gone back south by now?  Hope all is well....

• A fine sunny day. OH is meeting Dau#2 for lunch. Rather nice being home alone.
  • Some mornings I wake up grouchy. And some mornings I just let him sleep.

A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. (Michael de Montaigne)

Marry a man your own age; as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight. (Phyllis Diller)

• AQ: Ha! I love "grouchy" :-) I missed the 'good marriage' rationale, maybe because I already have a sort of deaf husband. And his eyesight is still pretty good....
  • Good Morning. Damp & grey here, but supposed to clear up.

I'm getting ready for a visit from our Eldest, & granddaughter Amber - they hope to get here next Monday, if all goes well. We have not seen either of them this year! D in Law is at work so can't come, but after seeing us they all hope to get away to a break on the South Coast. So no visits to the caravan for us, until after their trip here. However, sis in law Sue may go there shortly.

Annette, yes, threw out "sticky" shoes, and put out two pairs pretty shoes with heels to go to charity shop - both worn for weddings in the past, but too uncomfortable now to contemplate. Also three skirts I won't wear again, one never worn in fact. Also threw pretty china clock which won't go, even with new battery installed :-(

Nice that you could get to your class, and get back in some sort of routine. I find that after gardening, I have all kinds of debris about my person including down my bra.... and in my hair....

• It turned from just showery, as forecast, to actual rain! -- and my OH went off to play golf in his shorts! Oh dear.

Hope OG is getting to grips with the new pc.
  • Good morning. Is it? Very wet here again! Sorry I didn’t have time for replies last evening. Will see what I can do now.

AQ – pleased the visit to the trio went well with OH’s co-operation. Seems SiL found so many fixes for your phone – makes it sound like a new updated version of itself! Situation in Victoria sounds ghastly – all because some people will not toe the line for the sake of everyone. Sounds like English Track and Trace is going horribly wrong – and not perfect here in Scotland. J has still not received any info from the council – I did remind him yesterday that it is his right to choose to wear a mask at work even if they say staff don’t need them. Glad your OH is out for lunch and you have some time for yourself at home. Thanks for the Thoughts on marriage!

LINDA – our Dau #2 was always the “mucky” one in the family – ever tried getting Readybrek off flocked wallpaper? Then when she married and left home, I took over the role; I do use a napkin at the table, but food seems to go down inside it – especially ice cream and chocolate sauce! We too had rain yesterday, so mutterings here too about not being able to mow. Sounds as if you did quite well with storage sorting yesterday – must be quite difficult as I think you have said before that the storage is in the edges of the roof and low to reach. Pleased about the good news of caravan boiler. Good to see that you have decided to allow Son and Amber to visit, and it will be nice for Sue to go to the caravan for a while.

HEATHER – nice for you to have another family visit. Sorry about your Son’s symptoms – stress during the lockdown will have exacerbated both arthritis and hypertension. I suppose there is no chance of him and Sam getting up to see you for a few days?

ANNETTE – no significant change to my software but have noticed new PC is much faster! Most trouble is with wireless mouse and wireless keyboard – both quite small for my clumsy old hands. Plans for Ms D schooling sound complicated – hope she will settle to changes. Nothing from Wendy on here nor on Facebook – hope she is okay.

J has driven down to Docs for his eight-weekly Thyroid Function Test ( hasn’t actually got a thyroid now but this is used to check stimulation from the brain). OH has also gone to the High Street to collect a package from Boots and my trousers from being shortened by a new shop just opened (new “old” trousers for staying at home – haven’t worn “good” trousers for months! E-E asked me last evening if we might go out for a meal with “Boris Bonus” (he loves what he thinks is a bargain) - I just said “No”. I am not going to take risks to save money I wasn’t intending to spend anyway! I have been helping him prepare a korma for today – will just have to heat it up to eat – always like any curry to stand a while.
  • Lindy - Shorts are very sensible for golf in the rain. Legs dry far more quickly than trousers! Hope he enjoys it. I haven't played for ages, and am really missing it.

Hope everyone is well, and that OG is getting to grips with her new computer. Good to have a new toy, and hope it behaves itself. They usually seem to have a mind of their own, and need training ...
  • PAT - getting on quite amicably with the new toy - will probably stumble across a few oddities as I use it, but it seems fairly obedient up to now!