Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full on Monday, 3 August, in the U.K. and U.S.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe week! 

• Just a thought

Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create. (Roy T Bennett)

• Annette, I'm the sloppiest person when it comes to eating: there are always crumbs in my lap afterward, and various stains upon my bosom. Somehow, I even seem to get bits of food down my bra, now and then! Friends, and my OH despair.

When sitting at the desktop, I only allow myself the odd bit of chocolate, but no other food.

I'm sure there will be many thousands of trees felled and many rolls of paper used, to print the hundreds of books waiting to be written about the Man Who Made America Great Again (!!!)
  • Saw that you posted, above, AQ, and then checked the previous page. Sorry that the situation re the Covid is so dire. It seems that there are still idiots, all around the world. Here, there was a gathering of about 25 policemen to give a retirement farewell and subsequently 19 of them have tested positive.

Good that you had such a successful family visit, nice for everyone all round.
  • AQ:  Hurray for fines.  But why isn't the U.S.doing this?  Towns, companies, etc. are going broke.  Nice that you got your phone organized.

Lindybird:  Policemen breaking the law?  Hmmmm.   Well, I could say more about that.

• Good Morning. Sort of bright here: a bit hazy in the sky. There has been " a major incident" declared for Manchester, barely miles from us, where the number of Covid cases keep increasing. People are still meeting up in groups and seem to think that all the drama is over, but they're sadly mistaken.

Thankfully, we are not affected here.

Have a good Monday, everyone.
  • Maybe worth a 'Looksie'

(as shown in this thread)

Hi Two lights visible in the south east atm- Big one is Jupiter - smaller one to the left is Saturn- The rings look good with a scope as the declination is nice :) S
    By in Chat > The Tea Rooms
    4 replies

And as Diane already told us tonight is Full Moon UK

• Thanks, SunnyKate. Especially interested in the full moon chart.

It's warm(ish) today, but we had a bit of rain which was more than the shower predicted, earlier. My OH wanted to mow the lawn but now it's too wet again. I was going to spend just half an hour moving some clothes from a wardrobe to a storage area, but on opening up the storage, found all kinds of things. Some really ought to be kept elsewhere, and some are shoes & clothes which I needed to decide upon - two pairs of shoes straight away put to go to the charity shop (too uncomfortable) and one pair of casuals, which I put on and marched around the conservatory in. They stuck to the floor as I walked! On investigation, the soles of the shoes were beginning to disintegrate due to age - I've certainly had them for more than 20 years..... Never wasteful, me.

This afternoon, more sorting out! One pair of shoes & one handbag now in the dustbin, too. Feeling virtuous. But there's still stuff all over the bed!
  • Hello all, a quick look in as have had youngest family here most of the day. It was good :-)
    Not so good news from son, he has seen his GP today about his ongoing knee pain. He has probably got osteoarthritis, also his blood pressure is high, 190/107. I'm trying not to be too worried but it's not easy..... He is overweight and must tackle this. He is only 52.
  • Just to say - new PC arrived - using it! Will come back tomorrow.