DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - AUGUST 2020 to end of season

Congratulations to Ems and all at the ©Dyfi Osprey Project, you have kept a great service going throughout this difficult time.

From this:

To this:

... in no time at all ;)

Compliments of ALISON:

"KC7 (Bob1) is Tywi (pronounced Toe-wee) and KC6 (Bob2) is Teifi (pronounced Tay-vee)"

Brought forward from 01 July, the proud and prolifically provisioning parents:

All pictures and videos:

©MONTGOMERYSHIRE WILDLIFE TRUST ©DYFI OSPREY PROJECT  

• follow on 5

©DYFI OSPREY PROJECT  

• back again

and gone

ent

©DYFI OSPREY PROJECT  

• One back and gone again

©DYFI OSPREY PROJECT

• Good to see you survived the heat... so far... LIMPY :-* Thank you for today's contributions!
  • Surviving, just about. Still hot and dry here - what about you?
  • Limpy said:
    Still hot and dry here - what about you?

I replied to this yesterday but it's not here!  I said I wished I was "hot and dry" and maybe some other burble.

I also started doing some contributions to yesterday, I got the impression that KC6 was shouting at an intruder when she arrived in the morning (gone 8 o'clock?) and then someone perched on the pinnacle, just like 014 had.

Apologies, it really has been a very difficult several days here, as it has for others, I'm sure.

• 14 August

©Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust ©Dyfi Osprey Project

No activity seen until (very approx) 09:00-ish, when KC6 flew in from the left, chipping a little, to the high perch, then mantled a little too:

Then he settled down to preen (thank you for the zoom) and paused to give us a look, carried on, shook his BTO foot a few times, flew off:

KC6 flew in to the hight perch...

(EDIT - this could have been KC7, so wherever I've numbered a bit for the whole of the fish episode, you should probably swap them around.)

...squealing at the top of his voice, heralding Idris's arrival with a fish.  Idris waited on the nest while KC6 continued to squeal-scream, almost sounding like a skydancer at moments.  Then KC6 flew around to our left and landed for the fish, which we could hardly make out - no good view of it from beginning to end.

You could have thought it was 2 clumps:

How often do we see ospreys look in the opposite direction from the action? Smile 

Idris flew up to the perch an KC7 arrived to contest ownership of breakfish:

Oh dear - I don't know that I've got the IDs right, just checked Chat but it only goes back to 11:00 - here they both were, the fish-winner on the right:

There was no conflict, and the fish-winner flew off into the distance with the well-started flounder:

Whilst on Chat it caught my eye that they were discussing that 014 had indeed been on the pinnacle yesterday Slight smile

The fish-loser sat down to wait:

Then stood up and screeched and screeched until Idris flew off to our left, then the screecher flew off straight ahead and veered off and disappeared behind the high perch.

Later Telyn arrived (scuse this, I'm exploring software capabilities):

It looked as tho she would fly off straight ahead but she suddenly turned right:

Then a juvie spent a good while preening, rear view only, no ring showed all the way thru :(

(I didn't use the demo I sent you, CIRRUS, as I thought it was tooooo much.)

This one is the auto:

But we got a glimpse of "KC7" at fly-off :)

That's all up to 11:13.

• follow on 1

©DYFI OSPREY PROJECT 

• follow on 2

©DYFI OSPREY PROJECT