GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

• Well that was interesting - thanks Scylla..
  • Arran MAY NOT be gone. Posted an hour ago.
    Facebook Entry.
    "An Osprey was perched out on a dead tree by the riverside inland from the Cob at dusk last night. It was reported there in the afternoon as well. This is a perch that Aran has used in the past especially early on in the season and at the end of the season like this.
    Comments
    Elfyn Lewis
    Author
    I assume it was him. It's one of the trees along the riverbank far end of the Cob.
    The original Mr G followed a similar pattern if I remember. But he liked to perch on the old fence posts on Morfa Harlech at the end of the season. I think the adult male's ties to the nest site will be broken a few days after the last chick has left. Just a thought."

Heather has problems with the computer and needs to visit various locations to check the system. She will try and restore it during the day.

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Mike:

Mike B said:
    Arran MAY NOT be gone.

I'm not a bit surprised, MIKE (and thank you for the info):

We shall see what we shall see - maybe or maybe not, depending on his choice of patches

But I shan't see much today if the cam comes back because I'm packing up shortly.  It will be a case of tussling with YT rollback, we'll need to get SANDRA on the job, she's a dab hand at it

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• Thank you for the updates Mike and Scylla. If/when Heather manages to sort things out, will it be on the same link? Should I keep refreshing, or wait to see what appears on FB?

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• I see it seems to have come back up at 2 30pm.
    New link is :- www.youtube.com/watch

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Mike:

Thanks for the new link, Mike. Hope the sighting yesterday was Aran.

Edit, Just had another look and it seems to be gone again!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Sheila, I see no red dot and no word 'live' when I hover over the pic--think it may be a recording.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Quite right, Ann, I commented on the whirlygig, and then the loss of chat following a 'clonk', which was there when I did the above post. I wondered whether I had got the wrong link and did a refresh - and lost my post LOL.
    So I am at a loss about where it's gone. I guess there is a continuing problem which is intermittent.

Edit:  If you have the time, it is worth having a scan thru that recording, presumably not too long ago (80 mins?) as Heather did a careful scan of the area in some places I don't think I've seen before.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• Thanks, Sheila, no time for that now, but I'll keep it in mind for the dark days of winter!

Kind regards, 

Ann