GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• Phew ! I got sweltering just looking at all your captures Scylla with their observations - . It was so hot here yesterday I simply don't know how you coped with all your tech adding to the already searing temperatures . Thank you very much
    indeed !
  • 09 August

No-one all night.

First and only Osprey in so far this morning was KC3:

He flew a few seconds after this:

The GSW preened on the end of the perch for some time before venturing close enough for a snap:

IMAGICAT

• KC4 chilling on the nest behind the cob-webby curtain
  • I think KC3 got breakfish - this is the "best" view of it, I have frame-by-framed to and fro.

Then KC4 arrived and immediately went into a crop-dropping phase:

She had a little sit-down, then stood, shouted at us:

There should have been some nice shots of her but the web and its victims and/or fluff mar her.

She flew off and around and spent 5 mins on the perch, alternating between shouting and contemplating navel ;)

Heather did a lot of searches between nest views and eventually got her reward:

The unmistakable MrsG, unless you disagree with me ;)  I could have got her looking this way but then her features don't show up.

IMAGICAT

• patily said:
    KC4 chilling on the nest behind the cob-webby curtain

Glad there was someone on the cam for you this morning, PATILY - you are so conscientious but often unlucky Heart eyes

IMAGICAT

• MrsG has landed, she may be fish-calling.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    MrsG has landed, she may be fish-calling.

She had shouted and flown from the tree @ 09:19:

Not on the nest until 1010 tho:

Then to perch but sooo fuzzy I'm not bothering with a snap... oh all right then, this is "improved" - she flew @ 1020:

I had to text a friend re the JUVENILE or FEMALE REDSTART who landed @ 11:15 and has been off and back on the nest and is there as I type - but I have to do kitchen stuff, I'll  have a lovely (I hope) video later, because Heather did us a zoom at a really good moment:

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    JUVENILE or FEMALE REDSTART who landed @ 11:15 and has been off and back on the nest and is there as I type - but I have to do kitchen stuff, I'll  have a lovely (I hope) video later, because Heather did us a zoom at a really good moment:

The best bit is at the beginning, but they (tho we only see one at a time mostly) were on the nest so long that I couldn't just leave it at that:

How cute is that?! Purple heart  You'd think I'da done a frame but maybe later ;)  That vivid orange will be a swine to match or tone with.

KC4 got the fish:

There has been at least one more fish delivery but I need to pack up for a while.

IMAGICAT

• The 12:30 fish was a mullet and here's dear KC2 waiting oh-so-patiently for it - she'd been sitting down, standing up, shouting, quiet in turns :-*

We thought the wait woud never end... but then!

Disappointed relieved  KC2 flew with it:

Then KC4 flew with hers (she'd eaten more than half), at last, @ 14:07, and the Ravens were right in there, no messin':

KC3 spent 6 minutes on the perch, preening and looking around - Heather couldn't follow him when he flew:

We've had some lovely tours, thank you, Heather :)

IMAGICAT

• During one of the tours Heather showed us KC3's pine cone tree ;)

She had to rush back to the nest for a supper delivery, which KC2 got and flew off with before Heather could even unzoom to see her depart:

IMAGICAT