WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 26, 2020

Hi all!  Check back to last page of previous week for updates on LIndybird's weekend in Wales plus photos.    

Granddaughter is coming tomorrow for a couple of days before taking Ms D. back to AZ on Tuesday.  Her school (online) starts the following week.  Very weird semester schedules in AZ.

• Hi, ALL. OH successfully printed the run of the magazine – just a little blemish on the latter pages, but good enough to circulate. They are having service man out on Wednesday to take another look. He has left evidence with Robin who will tell the man it is not good enough, as it is a relatively new machine.

ROSY – I do hope your OH will get his date very soon, but obviously being delayed already he has to accept what is on offer. I do hope you will both get the chance to see Granddaughter too. We both enjoyed our haircuts last week – our hairdresser visits and was well equipped. Trouble is, my hair is determined it is staying curly now, so I still don’t look as smooth and tidy as I should.

Ordered another box of M&S “traditional meals” today – can only order one at a time and need two to share between three of us, so will order another later this week. OH also put in our request to the butcher, who will deliver Wednesday, so the freezer will be full again. We are enjoying our peas and carrots from the garden – and a glut of tomatoes, so have cooked a panful to sieve and freeze for sauces.

Weather has turned quite good this evening, but still breezy – must look at the forecast.
  • Just realised I've not been on to say we got home again for a late lunch. Very wet journey - least said the better!

When we left, no sign of the Boiler Man - not heard from our Site Manager since, either, that he's appeared, so have to conclude that the parts they need still haven't been delivered. My OH is half expecting that we might need to have a new boiler altogether.

Rang our Youngest to say that it's still not fixed and that it might take a while before "normal service" will be resumed. He is half expecting to get a call to go back into work soon, anyway (at first he worked from home, but then he was put on furlough) so they may not be able to fit in a Wales trip this year.
  • Hallo all:   OH was home by 11 this morning; immediately went off to take a long nap (as you know they don't allow you to sleep in hospitals) and is now up having lunch and reading the paper.  Granddaughter and Ms. D have gone off to the beach for the afternoon - they;re planning on renting boogie boards or kayak or something  Not sure.  Living room and hall floors now all torn up, including the original linoleum tile floor and they'll lay the underfloor liner today.   Something noisy whining away right now.    G'daughter and Ms. D will depart for home before the crack of dawn tomorrow.  One silver lining to the virus is that the roads aren't anywhere near as crowded as typical with hardly any slow patches at all, which makes for a much nicer drive.  

OG:  Glad EE got the magazine printed; something's obviously off with the printer, the ink cartridge or something.  Does J have the option of not going into teach?  And can he wear a mask regardless?   The garden was full of lizards this year and they can sneak in under screen doors (where there's sometimes a tiny gap)  when the  main doors are open, which they typically are in the summer.  Glad your computer is finally catching on; also that Dau #2 and family are doing well.

Rosy:   I do hope your OH gets a date soon.  I don't understand that logic re going to the hospital by taxi either.   I drove my OH to the ER (a different situation admittedly) but they still did all the admittance work in the car park (and a darn sight faster than normal too!)  before they put an ID on his wrist and wheeled him into the building.  No visitors allowed at all (except a parent with a minor child and another adult with anyone about to deliver a baby).   They did a Covid test when he was admitted (placed him in a room with negative air pressure or something) before they cleared him for the non-Covid part of the ER.

I've made plans for Saturday already:  Am going to get up, get some coffee, get my book, go back to bed and read and possibly nod off again; then get up, put on comfy clothes, wave face cloth at myself, say Hi to the birds, peer out the windows and try to figure out which garden chair I want to spend the day in.  Will set aside time for nap in garden after lunch and then consider which TV program to stare at in the evening after dinner and a shower.  I'm worn out at the prospect already!

Take care everyone, including lurkers.  :-)

• Your plans for Saturday look perfect, Annette. You need that after your busy time.

What type is your new flooring?
  • OG - you do do well with home grown produce to complement bought in meals. Well done to Eagle Eye for all his gardening work.

Annette - hope visit by GD went well and that she gets off safely and a safe journey. Glad OH is making progress..
    Hope the floor saga is a success.. As to Saturday's plans - chill for the day.

Lindybird - glad to see you are safely home despite the rain. Hope the boiler issue can be resolved soon.
  • Emails & phone calls flying back & forth as three of us have been trying to arrange a get-together. A park with benches chosen, one will bring a chair so we can social distance, time and day chosen (Thurs). We are taking own lunch (sandwiches & thermos of coffee). No rain but it will be cold so lots of layers.

Frost on lawn this morn. Nearby airport reported 0.3 C at 7.24 am (while I was still beneath my duna). Expecting 13 max today.

OG – I know we should continue the decluttering but it is so-o-o cold in the garage.

ANNETTE – Good news your OH is recovering at home.

ROSY – I hope your OH does not have to wait too long for a date.

I am missing the Trio, must try to arrange something one weekend (they are back at school). S-i-l is no longer working from home, so it was not quite so simple last week when Dau had a migraine. He was able to leave work to collect Trio from school. If only they lived 10 mins away from us. . .  but I only have one child seat in my car. If ever I have to collect them from school, I shall have to leave car at school and catch taxi to their home. Children are not required to be in child seat in taxi, simply due to impossibility of all taxis providing them.

Virus numbers in VIC are not falling. Authorities concerned that people are going to work while sick. Then there are those that refuse to wear a mask (mandatory in Melbourne). It violates their human rights! Premier said he was more concerned with human life. From midnight our state is imposing stronger border restrictions. No SA residents from VIC can enter unless essential workers.

• Just a thought

If speaking kindly to plants helps them grow. . . imagine what being kind to humans can do.

• Good Morning. Had to think about where I was when I awoke! Dry here, and a sunny day predicted.

Annette, you must be relieved to have your OH back home again. I agree that hospitals are the least likely place for a good night's sleep. Fingers crossed that the new flooring installation goes well, and then you can sit back and relax at last: your restful plans sound good to me!

AQ, Hope all your plans for meeting friends can work, and you can enjoy a good natter. It sounds cold there.

Off to get my laundry out.
  • Nearly forgot -- OG, Sounds really sensible getting the M&S food boxes delivered. Good that you got the Magazine out without too much trouble. Hope you are both appreciated by the recipients!