WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 26, 2020

Hi all!  Check back to last page of previous week for updates on LIndybird's weekend in Wales plus photos.    

Granddaughter is coming tomorrow for a couple of days before taking Ms D. back to AZ on Tuesday.  Her school (online) starts the following week.  Very weird semester schedules in AZ.

• Just been reading thread - but will have to return later to make replies - got to have my shower now as podiatrist is here again this afternoon - doesn't seem 6 weeks since last time (for podiatry I mean, not my shower!)
  • Had to chuckle at the bit about sleeping in hospital. More than once when ' in charge' on night shift, I had to remind staff that it may be their day time but it was the patients' night time...
  • ANNETTE - if Granddaughter and Miss D are leaving tomorrow, why do you have to wait until Saturday to chill? Oh, right, it is probably to do with the flooring etc !!! Just got brain in gear...

Having the girls here at the weekend was very special. I don't have many overnight visitors in ordinary times but it was great to wake up on Sunday and not be alone in the house. First time since lockdown.I
  • Have had a mixed day so far -- the sun went in, and I never got my laundry on the line as we've had sudden heavy showers.

Popped to our Doctors practice to collect a blood test form and had to ring a bell and then have it passed to me through the letterbox.

• Morning all: G'daughter and Ms. D now more than halfway home after a 4 a.m. departure. I went back to bed. Floor folks here... OH still abed.
  • Safe journey to your granddaughter and Ms D, Annette. Hope the flooring men can get on without too much noise!

I fell asleep this afternoon, instead of doing things I had in mind. My OH went to the allotment and so tonight we had our own potatoes, green beans, and mint to go with our lamb. Sadly the peas he picked had only teeny tiny peas inside the pods: he's not sure what's gone wrong with the crop this year.

• AQ - was not too worried about leaving my tablet on charge, as I have a nifty gadget which is an electrical plug containing a timer, so it cuts out after an hour or two hours whichever you preset it to.
  • Heather how nice for you to having the girls for a stopover.

Annette - pleased to hear Dau and Ms.D have got away safely, 4am not a bad time to start the day and get a good
    head start as its a long way home. Hope both arrived safely.

Didn't dare put washing out in case of showers but none today, never mind.

Been in touch with brother and we are going up the weekend after this coming one. Not seen them since Christmas so it will be nice to catch up - they prefer to eat at home with the present situation so it makes more cosy to be in the family home for a bite to eat. Will go up to Edgeworth to our icecream shop and pick up some of their famous icecream, usually manage to do it about every 18months now. Been going to this shop for well over 60 years. Person who took over after the previous owner died has expanded the shop but kept the family recipe for the icecream - it is made on the premises by hand.
  • Lilies growing in a pot by one of our neighbours in Wales - they're huge, and beautiful.