WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 26, 2020

Hi all!  Check back to last page of previous week for updates on LIndybird's weekend in Wales plus photos.    

Granddaughter is coming tomorrow for a couple of days before taking Ms D. back to AZ on Tuesday.  Her school (online) starts the following week.  Very weird semester schedules in AZ.

• Just seen these quotes: They seem very apt for us all here...

Life's truest happiness is found in the friends we make along the way.

Good friends are hard to find, even harder to leave, and impossible to forget.

People walk through our lives but only true friends leave footprints on our hearts.

My favourite:

Friends are like stars, you don't have to see them to know that they are there.
  • Very quiet on here yesterday. I hope people were out in fresh air.

We were up at 6 am this morn to place hard rubbish at kerbside for collection sometime today “after 6.30 am” according to girl when I booked. We did not put anything out last eve as we did not want scavengers rummaging through and leaving a mess spread across the lawn. In the pre-dawn dark I felt like a criminal up to dodgy activities!

LINDA – There have been several house fires here caused by chargers being left on while people were not home. I like your quotes.

• The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early. (Charles Lamb)

Today I will be as useless as the "g" in lasagne.

• Hi all, thanks Annette for starting us off and for Diane coming on shortly afterwards. Always good to hear what you've both been up to over there. Annette - hope G.Dau's visit went well.

AQ - services here have not started yet at my church. They did start up at the Parish church but were suspended this week because of a spike in the Northampton area.

Lindybird - hope your visit to Wales went well.

DIL sent another pic of baby Ava - even in the 3 wks since she came I can see a difference already. They grow so quickly.

Been watching the cricket most of the day - England are poised to win series but can they do it!!
  • Evening all:  OH is good.  Small ulcer was cauterized and it's likely he'll be home tomorrow.   Granddaughter arrived and we had a nice afternoon and evening.  They're off to bed; I'm watching TV for an hour and will follow soon.

Diane: Healing thoughts arrived and are doing their job.  :-)

Lindybird:  Has anyone said anything to the maintenance folk about upkeep and random re-plantings by residents?   Don't like the sound of those people cutting down a young tree!   I like that last quote best.

Thanks all for your news.  Take care!

• Horrible pouring rain here as we prepare to leave this morning. Ugh.
  • Glad your OH is OK and hope he's home soon, Annette.
  • So glad, ANNETTE, that your OH has been sorted out. My youngest SIL had the same procedure last year, the ulcer was small but had eroded into a blood vessel causing more bleeding than you would think!
    LINDY - safe journey home - diabolical weather.... Heard that Summer may occur on Friday :-)
  • HI! Well, I am here again and slowly learning what this PC thinks it is doing for me! It has had a few odd hiccups over stuff like language and keyboard, but it seems to be learning what I want! Good to hear from you all yesterday and today.

ANNETTE – thank you for starting our new thread yesterday. Enjoy remainder of Miss D’s stay, and time with your Granddaughter too. Say, how do those Lizards get inside the house? Sorry about your OH’s sudden dash to ER – pleased to see later that they confirmed the diagnosis and were able to deal with it.

DIANE – not surprised teachers there are terrified – J and colleagues are too, made worse as there is still uncertainty about the details and only two weeks to go. Pleased students there are required to wear masks – not for pupils here, just for staff if they are required to get close.

DIBNLIB – our ex-Son-in-Law has also enthused about the number of Squirrels in Culloden Wood this year – even managed a photo of one, despite having the four kids and three dogs!

LINDA – didn’t know the visit was such a short one! I hope the boiler was finally satisfactory. I liked your friendship quotes – so true.

AQ – I can’t really remember yesterday, but I think that means it was quite a calm and ordered day – I know OH cooked a delicious pork dinner (can always remember food!). I hope your hard rubbish was properly taken away – you can start clearing out more now!

LYNETTE – glad to see you here – I read that there was a tornado in Northampton, I think it was Saturday.

HEATHER - thanks for suggesting summer will return, even if not till Friday. The rain has been pouring down here, although the dark clouds have gone, and it is getting brighter this afternoon. OH and friend are meeting at church to try to print the Magazine - printer made nasty blemishes last time, so we are prepared to print this one at home if necessary - service company could find nothing wrong when they visited.

Had a good phone chat with Dau#2 at the weekend – she and her OH are still working from home. Both her boys are well, and their appendages. The one who was shielding was reunited with the two little ones; sounds like 3½ year old Miri is still in charge of everything in their house!
  • Annette, Good that your OH could be successfully treated. Hope he can be home soon.

Lindy, That is vandalism to cut down a tree in common parts. I hope the culprits were reported to maintenance.

My OH has to self isolate for 14 days prior to his surgical procedure. If I will be taking him in, I need to isolate as well, but if he goes to the hospital by taxi, that is fine. I do not get this. I have to collect him at the hospital entrance afterwards.
    He has to go in for a coronavirus test three days before the op. We do not have a date yet, but we are hoping it will be soon, or we will not be able to see our granddaughter during the holidays. We are upset about this, but cannot choose the dates obviously. The procedure was delayed since March.

On a lighter note, OH had a much needed haircut this morning while he is still allowed out. He does not have very much hair on top, but I had threatened tying the back with ribbon.
    He found a new barber, as the usual one did not look as if any special measures were being taken. The new one only opened just before lockdown, so they had not had time to attract any regulars. They had squeaky clean shiny equipment and screens. He will recommend them to his friends.