GLASLYN OSPREYS - JULY 2020

.A hasty start to the new month, to get something done in BIRDIE's forced absence and before the possible/probable FIRST OF THE MONTH FREEZE (and I've already got freezing probs here!).

When Birdie is back in she may give me her comprehensive version to insert here :)

Parents and chicks are all doing well, with no real upsets so far.

©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

IMAGICAT

• 08:52 Aran came and took away the tattered remains of breakfish:

IMAGICAT

• Another empty day Open mouth

I thought KC4 might have taken off a minute ago and there was no-one on the cam to cover the right side of the nest - but now there is - it must have been just a good wingercise/helicopter.

I'll be going thru today soon Blush

IMAGICAT

• I'm struggling today/this evening, so am not reporting as much as should be reported.

KC4 started early with a terrific fly-leap and good follow-up, I thought she'd have been off today!

She had a go at Aran when he landed with nothing:

Aran left this fish in KC2's capable talons - KC4 wasn't interested at that time:

MrsG in between the many intrusions:

KC4 and KC3 tried intruder-repelling with stares:

MrsG had to come and give it her customary welly:

Flounder, which MrsG proceeded to eat with KC4 on-looking:

This intruder got chased - this is the only snap where I can be sure that it's not MrsG in the sky ;)

This fish was destined for the nest but had to be diverted to the perch to support MrsG's intruder deterrence:

He's about to take it to the nest in a blur ;)

KC4 got it - it may have passed to KC2 a bit later, but if so, a bit even later KC4 got it back again :)

Again, great lift-off by KC4 - and it's not the thumbnail, you'll have to watch to see Rofl

Half-fish just for KC4 ;)

I always say (she lied) that the sign of a happy osplet is a stuck-out leg with a Mama nearby:

Teatime - this was a whole flapper which MrsG had trouble wresting from Aran's talons, only to be relieved of it by KC2:

They all waited anxiously for KC2 to finish, including MrsG, and KC3 managed to pilfer a fleshy morsel which he had trouble getting down:

Eventually it was KC3 who won the fish, MrsG and KC2 flew, leaving him to linger over it:

MrsG (with very displaced wing feather) soon got her supper when Aran brought a flounder:

It was a lovely fish - respect!

After everyone had gone (not far) KC4 did some pre-bedtime exercises:

We couldn't tell if the sibs stayed the night on the perch, due to nightcam position:

KC4 had a nice sleep for a while:

She's been up preening, flapping and making me think she's defending but probably not:

Back to sleep :)

I'm sure I haven't included bits that you would have thought "important" but do hope it reflects their day reasonably in your absence Purple heart  Can't wait for you to be welcomed back in !!! Kissing heart

IMAGICAT

• KC4 was up 'n flapping from just after 04:00:

to 04:30, when it started to rain quite heavily - she was soon being swamped:

KC2 visited for a 2-minute prance:

Eventually KC4 got up and did her own prancing - probably helicoptering - all over the nest - at times it looked as tho she was gone, when she was behind a blurry rainblob on the right side:

She found a tailend there and proceeded to empty the flesh out - but, darn cheek! she turned her head away to swallow the tail Persevere

She's checking her toes now.

IMAGICAT

• KC4 aone on a very wet nest and Mrs G on the perch
  • KC4 has done some more wingercising but you could tell she felt quite heavy and couldn't feel the inspiring lift under her wings :) She's been hunched now for quite a while, as has MrsG on the perch. (I'm taking your word for it, PATILY, that's it's MrsG because she's rain-blobbed now and I can't tell ;) )

IMAGICAT

• KC4 saw something interesting down this side of the nest - Heather tried to see but couldn't.  Now KC4 is back in the middle of the nest.

IMAGICAT

• KC4 in MrsG-Misery-Guts mood:

I know I've done exactly this shot of MrsG last year or the year before ;)

No-one's been to see her for ages Frowning2

IMAGICAT

• "Breakfish was a tiddler, KC2 ate the lot and flew off":

"Second fish was bigger" (but not huge) "KC3 gets it, KC2 wants it, takes it"

Presently, KC4 remains on the nest - alone and unfed.  Boohoo Kissing heart

IMAGICAT

• Flounder delivered @ 12:34, KC4 got it:

She ate until KC3 took it away @ 12:45 - she didn't seem too bothered:

IMAGICAT