Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, safe week!

• Pat O said:
    isiting grandchildren, it won't help me visit my great-nephew and the rest of my family in Somerset. It's 140 miles each way, so can't be done in a day - and certainly not without a loo! We'll have to keep relying on Zoom chats for a while yet

Yep! very sad Pat,

like you mine over 200 miles, can also imagine little ones distress,if they see you, but can't run up and give you those BIG HUGS, bless them,,,

So,we will  have to wait a bit more,and hope it wont be too long.

Thank goodness for technology,always makes me sad to think ,of our parents /grandparents,etc, coping with absentees, and sometimes, not even Telephone,.Certainly brings home , one of the many hardships they endured.

Take care and keep well .

• More of the horses, for those like Pat who enjoy them: the two mothers were near each other but not near enough to get all of them in one shot-
  • More of the horses, for those like Pat who enjoy them: the two mothers were near each other but not near enough to get all of them in one shot-

The 2nd foal was laying down so not very visible:

• It's a beautiful day here, almost too warm!

The poppies become paler once they've been out for a day or two.

• Even the  pinks are enjoying the sun!

• Lindy - Thank you for the extra horse pictures. Foals are so lovely - they gambol around like lambs for a while and then flop down for a snooze, just like children! And your flowers are beautiful. So uplifting - made me smile.
  •  Lovely pics LINDY thank you.  Love the miniature Lilac in our back garden. The smell is wonderful.

•  and the Choysia in the side garden

• dibnlib - I can almost smell that lilac! Lovely. My Choysia has been spectacular this year, but is now pretty much finished. Not sure it is over-fond of the lack of water, and looks rather thirsty. And the scent of that when it's in full bloom is enough to knock you backwards! Seems there is a north/south divide in Choysia flowering as well as so many other things …
  • Sorry I've not been here today. The new fence is under construction and so two guys here, also had a socially distant time in the garden with eldest daughter, hubby and Katie. Then recieved a phone call from France, telling me that my eldest nephew is in Intensive Care Unit in Plymouth. Only 42 years of age - tested -ve for Covid 19 but they will repeat test shortly. He has very poor oxygen levels. His parents are unable to travel from France and have been told that they wouldn't be able to see him even if they were there...