Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, safe week!

• AQ - that's great news. Everything revives eventually.

Diane - do hope you managed to hit your deadline and hopefully no more power outages.

OG - yes wines from Argentina and Chile are rich and fruity I find but don't mind an Australian which I have during the week as a tipple.

Its so lovely to hear the bird song almost all day and weather again has been glorious today. Went out in dau's car for a run out to a local beauty spot but as expected , car parks were closed so came back parked side of road at our local resevoir and had a walk down the causeway. So peaceful looking. Watched a swan diving for food.
  • Bought a peony plant for by the front door and it has flowered, just got to remember to keep watering it and its companion plants. Lovely pic of yours, Linda.

I know what you mean, Linda - virus this, virus that, and virtually saying the same thing over and over till one is fed up with it. It is a furore about DC but he believes he didn't break the law. I can sympathise with the storyline but also understand why others from different backgrounds find it hard to stomach. Personally, I think its been blown up out of all proportion, now I'll probably get my head bitten off for saying that. LOL
  • Pat O - I know how you must feel sometime. I am a poor sleeper too. Tried the usual happy thoughts, not breathing exercises though - sometimes it works but if it doesn't I pop down put the TV on and do some catching up from the list and often fall asleep only to wake and see that it has gone onto a couple more programes on the same list.

Notices that DC went on for about an hour - probably could have said all he wanted to say in half the time.
  • OG & PAT – I am glad my words are appreciated; it encourages me when I wonder what to put up next. Feel free to use them, after all I have “stolen” them from various readings.

Last eve our state announced that as our behaviour has been so good, restrictions will be relaxed further from next Monday. SA has had 1 new virus case in 33 days. Still social distancing but cafes, restaurants, hotels, cinemas, galleries, museums, gyms, beauty salons able to open with max 20 people. If the venue large and has several rooms, up to 80 with 20 in each room. Alcohol can be served without a meal but patrons must be seated. 50 mourners at funerals. No mention of churches. Yesterday new Catholic Archbishop installed. I watched the beginning online – it was strange to see the cathedral with only the permitted 30 present. (In normal times 2,000.)

• When people tell me “You’re gonna regret that in the morning.” I sleep in until noon because I’m a problem solver.

I haven’t failed at anything, I’ve just found all the wrong ways of doing it!

Sure hard work pays off in the future! But Laziness Pays off Right Now!

Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia. (Charles M. Schulz)

• AQ: For so few cases those are pretty tight restrictions, but better safe than sorry. I think our gyms will be among the last to open (sigh) 20 in a cinema doesn't sound like it would pay. Amy masks required?  And re various comments about Ozzie wine; have to say I like what I've tasted but it's a bit like carrying coals to Newcastle here.  Still, they're popular.

Took third load of oranges off the tree today. Distributed the first lot around the neighborhood; second lot to food bank and maybe this one too. Forgive me if I repeat myself - I can't remember who said what (TV? here? there?) . Anyway - well now I forgot it anyway. Honestly.

• It was easy enough to impose isolation, but how does one start un-isolating? Except for necessary food, chemist & such outings? This morn my camera said "Enough's enough, we are going out."

I caught the bus, planning to catch next one if crowded. I need not have worried, there were 5 of us on board. We whizzed past empty stops until 4 more boarded. A little old man came up and said "May I sit with you?" "No, sorry." The handicap section was empty, there were at least 2 pairs of seats opposite empty. Why choose my seat? I told Himself that a nice man tried to pick me up. Dream on, I can't remember when that last happened !!!

I alighted at Light Square, crossed at lights using elbow for button before I read the sign "Don't push button, lights are automated." I captured my buildings. The one I have been waiting for since June last year has most of the hoardings taken down. The facade is kept in front of a tall block of apartments. Alas a yellow vested workman was prominent in the main doorway. I took it and him anyway, carried on down streets past 4 more buildings, back to bus stop. Then I decided I was fit enough to return to Light Sq. Yellow vest gone but second car parked in front as well as the red one. <sigh> Took photos again anyway, back to bus, home on near empty bus.

ANNETTE – Our health officials advise that masks are not necessary. “little evidence supporting the widespread use of masks in healthy people to prevent transmission in public. Face masks benefit people who are sick so they don’t cough on others, and can be an effective control measure for workplaces such as hospitals, medical centres or aged care facilities where workers have frequent, close contact  symptomatic people and might be exposed to respiratory substances (e.g. through coughs or sneezes).” We are told to stay home and get tested for any sniffle, tickle in throat.

• AQ; How thoughtless of yellow jacket and car owners to block your photo. You were probably the best thing that little old man had seen in weeks. :-) . Meanwhile, I see the global mask divide continues.
  • AQ - great that you got out for some camera work! It would have meant so much after being shut inside. I've forgotten, but think that your OH was not yet ready for lunches out?
    ANNETTE- Your friend is very brave to be even thinking of all those flights!
    We are advised to use ' face coverings' in Scotland. I haven't done so. I find that a lot of shop customers don't a)understand how to wear them correctly b) keep fiddling with them and c) think that they can ignore social distancing, reach over me and so on.
    I'm going to have to read back before I write any more -