Poole Harbour Osprey Project MAY to end of 2020 season

/JULYLast month's thread.

ALL PICTURES AND VIDEOS: ©PooleHarbourOspreyProject

Beautiful female, Rutland's CJ7:

The hoped-for partner for CJ7, local male LS7, has not yet appeared.  CJ has been tending the nest daily and yesterday she took everyone by surprise, producing an egg - which took us by surprise by surviving... until midnight at least ;)

• 17th

This bird arrived with a "biscuit" in its beak, pottered about the nest interring and disinterring it, apparently swallowing and regurgitating it, and flew off with it:

18th

A few corvid visits in the morning but none in the afternoon, nor visits from anyone else that I saw.

Evening weather:

• As you know there are a multitude of nest platforms scattered around the harbour, several of which have trail cameras on them.

Here is a photo taken on one of them, which shows a very healthy Raven. Just look at the size of that beak.

© Birds of Poole Harbour

• Unknown said:

As you know there are a multitude of nest platforms scattered around the harbour, several of which have trail cameras on them.

Here is a photo taken on one of them, which shows a very healthy Raven. Just look at the size of that beak.

That's a beauty, Richard Open mouthOpen mouthOpen mouth  Especially if clicked on to enlarge - naturally I've saved it, crediting you, thank you Blush

• Good to see you here, Scylla. Some of us were beginning to be a bit concerned about you as you had not posted earlier today. Hope you are well. (I'm off to bed now so may not see any reply before tomorrow. See you then, I trust!)
  • Beautiful Raven and lovely photo indeed Thank you Richard. Yes Scylla, a real beauty
  • Unknown said:
    Some of us were beginning to be a bit concerned

About my mental health, no doubt  - it's very fashionable Grin 

Seriously, tho, thank you for your thoughts, GardenBirder - you know my bodyclock's reputation, it's a real pain to live with - and I must admit I've been extra tired lately and keep losing concentration.

Do we all realise it's nearly February, therefore nearly March?!  And I've got 2 poorly laptops that I can't get to grips with mending myself and the PC mending shop* is closed at the mo, it's been open-n-shut since this dang pang demmick kicked off.

*Not that I've got much faith in them, the last time they had one of my laptops they charged me £££ and didn't fix the prob, I ended up doing it myself that time.

• Ha, ha, Scylla! But as I am sure you know, we are concerned about your physical health, of course! We take your mental health as a (most welcome!) given--lol! I wonder, perhaps you should get a test for Covid. Why? I've just read an article from the 22nd January in a link posted today by another Forumate about a young lady who felt a bit tired, no other symptoms, and decided to get a Covid test. Turned out she had Covid as did something like 15 others of her probably-illegally-taken January gap year trip to France for a ski- instructor-training lesson for which the individuals had each paid nearly 9 thousand pounds. And you, of course, are another young lady and we do not want to lose you!

• Morning of the 24th there was a very sudden downpour which jerked the nest :O

(Snaps need to be clicked on for full size - I've since stymied the system downsizing, for the time being, but forgot about these.)

• This morning:

©PooleHarbourOspreyProject

I hope you're pleased with me, ALISON Yum