LOCH OF THE LOWES - APRIL 2020

Link to march-2020

Webcam page with links to LotL Visitor Centre and Wildlife Reserve FB, Twitter and Blogs >>>

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loch-of-the-lowes-webcam/

All captures and videos ©Scottish Wildlife Trust/Loch of the Lowes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laddie (LM12) returned at 15:33 on 21st March > 

scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/2020/03/lm12-is-back-at-loch-of-the-lowes/

Scottish female NC0 arrived on the nest 28th March. Her info here >

scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/2020/03/the-new-bird-on-the-block/

It is with much regret to report that Lassie (LF15) did not return 

• I've scrolled back to Laddie being on the nest a minute or so prior to NC0 coming in with the moss this morning. A bird flew from left to right behind the nest then went left behind the trees to appear above the Loch. Laddie appeared to track it, slightly mantle then turned as NC0 landed. After he flew off, she was sorting some of the moss and a bird flew over the Loch again and behind the trees. NC0 stood on the nest for quite a while but then looked downwards, stretching her neck slightly over the nest and then shot off (see the end of Scylla's vid when NC0 brought in the moss, for the reaction). I kept the streaming running for a short time and just under 1 minute after she'd flown it sounded like a child's/adult voice(s) before someone (human) sneezing or coughing!!!!!!!!!!!! 

©SWT/LotL

• Great research, SANDRA - I was conscious of them both being watchful.

IMAGICAT

• Well done Sandra, I had a look but couldn’t home in on what you have found.    NC0 seemed to shoot off like she got a fright.    

I hope by morning they are back on the nest doing their normal things like they do.  

• Sandra P said:
    it sounded like a child's/adult voice(s) before someone (human) sneezing or coughing!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I've got it, Sandra - will see if I can't clean it up a bit, as there's lots of microphone crackling/popping too.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    will see if I can't clean it up a bit, as there's lots of microphone crackling/popping too.

I'm redoing this post because the screen-capture version turned out to have its audio badly affected by the wind(?), with lots of popping etc from the speakers, I now realise.

This is from the download and some of the dialogue, while not loud, is fairly clear - "Get in, get out... backpack" ???

I can't reduce the volume of the background wind without distorting the voices Disappointed           

Actual last sighting of Laddie was 11:47:

While I was doing NC0 with her mossball, I wondered what she could be looking at "down under".  These people could have been very close!

IMAGICAT

• MIKE - anyone!  Do you think that Sandra's revelation should be passed on to LOTL HQ?  It seems that intruders are still slipping thru the net.

IMAGICAT

• I am very happy to report that someone is on the nest.  I can't focus on it at the mo, will replay later - but I think it's NC0.  There may have been earlier activity, I'll find out later.

IMAGICAT

• Laddie was first on the nest about 50 minutes ago, and he was ever so excited when NC0 arrived 10+ minutes later...  I'm sure he was skydancing but can't listen now.

Successful:

Then a tip/slide-off, after which Laddie pranced and flapped around, then another good one:

She remains on the nest, managed to get a glimpse of her face:

IMAGICAT

• Good Morning Scylla

Its such a relief to see them back on the nest although they do still seem to be a bit on edge looking all around them.

NC0 has now left the nest too.  Hope they come back soon

I am sure the staff there will be aware of any disturbance, sometimes the mike picks up noise from places close by I remember once a couple of years ago there being a party at a house and the mike picked it up like it was under the nest.  

© SCOTTISH WILDLIFE TRUST - LOCH OF THE LOWES

• Thanks for the update and news Scylla.
    Great to hear they came back this morning

Richard B