DYFI OSPREY PROJECT - 2020

The purpose of this thread is for recording all discussions, news, blogs etc relating to the Dyfi Ospreys and the new Dyfi Wildlife Centre.    A separate thread “DYFI NEST OBSERVATIONS & CAPTURES - 2020 will be set up for all “observations”, ”captures” and “videos” of the daily nest activity.   

A new season and a new wildlife visitor centre!!     While the ospreys have been off on their winter vacation, it has been a very busy time at the Dyfi and finally their new flagship environmentally-based visitor centre is nearing the end of its construction.    This has been a huge undertaking as seen in their virtual video tour filmed in February, 2020.   Link:  Building the Dyfi Wildlife Centre - a virtual video tour filmed Feb 2020

An exciting year ahead as we await the return of the osprey and the opening of their new centre.   

Wishing them every success.

Some Useful Links:
Dyfi Osprey Project Website
Dyfi Facebook
Dyfi Twitter

• Mike B said:

DYFI CAMERA UPDATE.

Posh link turned it blue!!

DYFI CAMERA UPDATE.   

=================================

^ (Mike's post copied over from previous page) ^

Super! Thanks Mike :)

Patily, as others have said, I'm so very sorry to read about your news...

• Me to Patily, after all the plans and prep that must have gone into it.
  • Patily. I've only just now opened this forum for the day, and I'm so sorry to hear that your trip to Wales has had to be cancelled. Fingers crossed that once this virus has been stopped that you will be able to visit the Dyfi and Glaslyn sites. In the meantime, we will all be enjoying the live streaming from numerous Osprey nests.
  • patily said:
    Thanks MIKE Afraid I've shed a few tears What I feel bad about that it was only a couple of days ago that the charity said "they would go for it" and paid for the accomodation!

I am only catching up now Patily.    I am so so sorry that your visit to DYFI has been cancelled, hopefully you will be able to reschedule it and get to visit especially after so much went into the planning of the trip.   

• As I said yesterday Thank you for all your understanding however, I haven't gone ahead and cancelled it yet. Maybe I am clutching at straws but I wasn't due to go until 13 June and who knows, by then...........

• From Dyfi 2 hours ago

Dyfi Osprey Project

Bore da

In case you are wondering what the situation is following last night's new government advice, a very small number of us are still working on site as we clearly can't install Live Streaming infrastructure from home:

* , .

There aren't many of us there in a big building and we are following all the advice regarding distancing, hand washing, touching etc

Here's a first glimpse of the new Live Streaming control room..

It's cake o'clock CakeCakeCake

• Thanks, All. Janine also posted on Facebook that the photo was taken yesterday by the person she is living with and that she is now working from home (that was after there were huge numbers of supportive posts on Facebook and only two disgruntled folk accusing Dyfi of not following government rules, which is not at all the case, of course--everyone associated with the Dyfi Osprey Project is meticulous about not endangering each other!)
  • I am a little confused , surely the government said all non essential work should stop and at Loch Garten the building work and webcam installations have been halted (it is not essential to see a webcam ) , I appreciated the photo of Janine was taken before the government announced lockdown , I presume now all work has ceased , the people who said the work is non essential are correct . . Every wildlife centre that I know of has closed all the buildings and car parks etc as of yesterday to follow government rules .
  • Sorry I thought all NON ESSENTIAL work had been stopped and we are in lockdown , Loch Garten closed their centre and no webcam , all other centres are closed , how come Dyfi are allowed to carry on regardless of Government guidelines - it is NON ESSENTIAL work being done