DYFI OSPREY PROJECT - 2020

The purpose of this thread is for recording all discussions, news, blogs etc relating to the Dyfi Ospreys and the new Dyfi Wildlife Centre.    A separate thread “DYFI NEST OBSERVATIONS & CAPTURES - 2020 will be set up for all “observations”, ”captures” and “videos” of the daily nest activity.   

A new season and a new wildlife visitor centre!!     While the ospreys have been off on their winter vacation, it has been a very busy time at the Dyfi and finally their new flagship environmentally-based visitor centre is nearing the end of its construction.    This has been a huge undertaking as seen in their virtual video tour filmed in February, 2020.   Link:  Building the Dyfi Wildlife Centre - a virtual video tour filmed Feb 2020

An exciting year ahead as we await the return of the osprey and the opening of their new centre.   

Wishing them every success.

Some Useful Links:
Dyfi Osprey Project Website
Dyfi Facebook
Dyfi Twitter

• Thanks MIKE Afraid I've shed a few tears What I feel bad about that it was only a couple of days ago that the charity said "they would go for it" and paid for the accomodation!
  • PATILY - I am truly sorry reading your post. I know we have to accept these decisions but that doesn't stop the disappointment and hurt, for it does. I recall last year your Rutland cruise being cancelled and now this - truly soul destroying. I can only say "a big hug and keep safe"

• Oh Patily .... I'm truly so sorry too .... disappointment and hurt, ye gods. What a terrible outcome for you and the helpful charity. I echo Karen to say 'do keep safe' and a big hug from me too.
  • patily said:
    I am particularly devastated As you know I was planning to go to Dyfi and Glaslyn this year staying in an adapted cottage and driven there by a friend in a special hire vehicle that would safely take my wheelchair. The charity has already paid part of the fees I am gutted and in tears

I am so sad for you, Patily :'(

• So sorry, patily. I was also due to visit Dyfi for the first time, and Glaslyn while there, in June and am very disappointed. But it will probably be much easier for me to rearrange the trip than for you when this is all over, whenever that may be. All we can do now is to look after ourselves and others and hope for the best. I hope you can keep your spirits up by watching the webcams with the rest of us. Take special care.
  • Patily, I just want to add to what others have said above, I am heart sorry for you, what a huge disappointment when you were so obviously excited and looking forward to your trip.
  • Oh dear Patily, I am so sorry that your trip has had to be cancelled. I am aware how much organisation will have gone into it and it would have given you such a lift. We can all hold virtual hands, as we watch the webcams and share the experience and lives of ospreys once again.Take care
  • Thank you EVERYBODY for your very kind words and thoughts Emsknew I was trying to get to Dyfi and I sent him an email this morning wishing them well and he responded immediately I am keeping everything crossed that a slim chance presents itself and I can still go Thank you again.....can't wait for Monty, Telyn and Aran to return and "get the show on the road" and once again I reiterate that  I hope Clarach is a mum again this year. I have just finished reading Ems beautiful book Think he should do another covering the last 5 years LOL!

• Just trip the switch I have Dyfi withdrawal symptoms
  • DYFI CAMERA UPDATE.

Posh link turned it blue!!

DYFI CAMERA UPDATE.