Loch Garten webcams.

I’ve a bit of disappointing news after a reply to my email from Loch Garten. The Loch Garten webcams will remain down and offline and won’t be back online until at least April at the earliest. So whether that will affect the Loch Garten Osprey nest webcam, I don’t know. But it seems April will be the earliest that the webcams will be back live and online.

Regards,

Ian.

• It is a tragic time for everyone, CRinger, but yes, the FH would be a wonderful time to wile away the hours just contemplating nature. I trust you are keeping well yourself?

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• What a super Blog by Fergus and what an impressive new look to the centre.
  • Great to see you, CRINGER!  I bet you'd have trouble keeping your fans out of the FH once they knew you were there ;)

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

Great to see you, CRINGER!  I bet you'd have trouble keeping your fans out of the FH once they knew you were there ;)

Its a good job I am not in the FH now and there were Ospreys on the nest. They would have shot off the nest 'tout de suite' with my laughter at your post. And sincerely thank you. It is sad when you fantasise about making an entry in the log: '27th March 19:05 Both birds off the nest alarm calling. Scylla suspected to be the remote culprit.' 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• As has been said, Hi CRinger, good to hear from you again. Keep in touch.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I'm muddled about something. Is it correct that there will be no live cams at LG this year? Have I mis read something?
  • Unknown said:
    I'm muddled about something. Is it correct that there will be no live cams at LG this year? Have I mis read something?

My understanding is that at the moment the building work has been suspended. I would have thought it depends on when people start to return to work en masse that it will then be resumed and following this electricity will be reconnected, cameras tested and then a live feed could commence - what stage of the breeding season we are at when this happens is anyone's guess. If I was Site Manager this would certainly be my plan.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:

My understanding is that at the moment the building work has been suspended. I would have thought it depends on when people start to return to work en masse that it will then be resumed and following this electricity will be reconnected, cameras tested and then a live feed could commence - what stage of the breeding season we are at when this happens is anyone's guess. If I was Site Manager this would certainly be my plan.

It will also depend how long the Coronavirus lasts, as no one will be allowed to visit the new visitor centre while this serious situation lasts. All we can hope for is that this serious situation ends sooner than later.

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

It will also depend how long the Coronavirus lasts, as no one will be allowed to visit the new visitor centre while this serious situation lasts. All we can hope for is that this serious situation ends sooner than later.

Whilst the VC being open to the public this season is 1 issue in my view the installation and streaming of a camera feed is a totally different subject - I would have thought that it is far more feasible to anticipate the building work being finished and a camera up and running before the end of the season than it would be for the centre to open its doors to visitors. I think the latest blog said 'We have got most of the way through the refurbishment before the work had to stop for obvious reasons. ' This would seem to suggest that the majority of the work has been done. The camera would need electricity and to be installed and tested - but presumably this could be done without the interior refurbishment that visitors would need.

• CRinger said:

Cirrus said:
    I'm muddled about something. Is it correct that there will be no live cams at LG this year? Have I mis read something?

Thank  you very much indeed for this response