Loch Garten webcams.

I’ve a bit of disappointing news after a reply to my email from Loch Garten. The Loch Garten webcams will remain down and offline and won’t be back online until at least April at the earliest. So whether that will affect the Loch Garten Osprey nest webcam, I don’t know. But it seems April will be the earliest that the webcams will be back live and online.

• This is part of the blog that Jess posted in September last year regarding the changes at Loch Garten.

"Unfortunately, due to the work going on in the centre, the electrics will have to be switched off and the cabling will need to be re-routed and re-housed. It is with regret that this means we will have to turn off our feeder camera for the foreseeable future. I don’t want to give you a date when it’ll come back on, because as we all know, building projects never run to schedule, and I don’t want to disappoint you, but please believe me when I say that all the stops will be out to ensure the disruption caused is as minimal as possible. Needless to say we will be putting the cameras back on the osprey nest at the beginning of spring, and will reconnect them to the internet as soon as we possibly can, hopefully before the ospreys return, but again, I have no crystal ball and I cannot promise you a date when this will happen. Please bear with us while we do everything we can to make this process as smooth as possible".

Fingers crossed we will be switched on for the Osprey's arriving back!

• Thank you for reminding us of exactly what we were told, CATLADY.  I was sure I'd read or heard that the feeder would hopefully be back in Feb.  Never mind :-/

Unknown said:
    The Loch Garten webcams will remain down and offline and won’t be back online until at least April at the earliest. So whether that will affect the Loch Garten Osprey nest webcam,

If they said that the webcams (plural) won't be back until April earliest, then that must affect the osprey nest cam because they only stream 2 cams - feeder and nest.  Thank you for passing on the info, unwelcome tho it is!

• Hopefully Scylla and with fingers and toes crossed, they may have the Osprey camera up and running before April! We will just have to wait and see.
  • In a way I am quite sanguine about this - because there is no more Odin and EJ to expect . However , having said that I firmly believe the duo looking over the nest at the end of last season will return ; but if not I am confident we'll have a new family at LG this season.
  • Sorry can you remind me of the reason for this delay, please I so hope there is a new family here this season It seems all wrong that such an iconic nest is empty
  • Look back on this page to Catlady's post on 17th Feb Patily ... she quotes from Jess's blog last September!
  • patily said:
    Sorry can you remind me of the reason for this delay, please I so hope there is a new family here this season It seems all wrong that such an iconic nest is empty

Hiya PATILY, lovely to see you back for the new season :)

I expect you do know already, but just in case ;) ... The Osprey Centre has been undergoing a complete refurb during the off-season and will no longer be an Osprey Centre but something related to "wildlife centre".

The cams may be on 4G instead of satellite - who knows what else may have changed when all is eventually revealed?  (Much trepidation here.)

• Latest from LG FB  - cams are partially up but no live date as yet

• Hey guys,

We have all our cameras in place to go when the ospreys arrive, they just need to be plugged in at this point. I think we might see delays due to COVID19 which will effect if we have people to work on site and if we are able to have the technical support to stream the webcam. I am quietly optimistic that all will be well in these pessimistic times. I will keep you informed if our situation changes in any way. We will be looking out for the arrival of osprey soon either way. Hope you are all well.