In the fullness of time
    They became a true pair,
    And David when grown,
    Came a visitin' there.
    How happy he was to see his true friends
    Together forever, right to the end.
  • Very nice Lindybird!  :-)

Hi Rosy.

Quiet day did not materialize, but prepared for everyone now.  Hot weather forecast has not arrived, which I'm pleased about.  This is January for heaven's sake.

I see that some beavers have been released on National Trust Lands to help prevent flooding, but also that a gentleman in Mexico who was defending Monarch Butterfly habitat has been murdered, apparently by people who resent butterflies taking up swaths of trees that these people have no use for.  Thugs.   On another (smirky smile here) note:  Part of Mr. Trump's much ballyhooed border wall blew down in high winds.  Oh dear.

• Annette: Enjoy your time with your family! I saw the collapsed border wall on the online news. LOL!

Lindy: Lovely poem!
  • Good Morning. A brilliant red and purple sky here, as the sun comes up on the last day of January. Will post some pics in a minute.

Thought of the poem as I was signing off last night, so it was written between 12.15 when I posted to AQ, and when it's dated, at 12.20 :-) The words just ran around in my head. I still have half a poem in my head for AQ but it's fragmented and not written down yet.

Annette & Diane, that's just so funny that some of Trump's wall fell down!!!
  • View from our bedroom window- it changed every 30 seconds for over fifteen minutes  & was almost impossible to capture on film. Ain't nature wonderful!! 

• Beautiful sky, LINDA! Enjoyed the poem too. Wet start to the day here - think it will prevent me going to Fellowship Group this afternoon. J was hoping to try a morning walk, but I think that is also unlikely.

AQ - sorry the heat is back. There is some rai forecast some time soon - hope it happens. Canberra looks bad.

ANNETTE - enjoy the family visit - all three this time?

Quiet weekend here - may ask OH to start planting summer-flowering bulbs. I noticed more Snowdrop flowers appeared yesterday - and the first Iris is blooming.
  • Nice that your iris are making an appearance, OG. Our snowdrops have heads on, but none out yet. (Good job I proof read everything as my tablet decided to put "showrooms" instead of snowdrops!!)

We had wet after breakfast, then it dried up mid morning and we had the window cleaner. Now it's showering again!

The window cleaner must think we live in a disorganised way - there are things all over the floor in three rooms, as my OH has put in some shelf dividers on the new bookcase unit in the study, and I'm in the throes of sorting out all my table mats, large serving platters and tablecloths in the dining room. The sitting room had some laundry in it as I'm going to do some ironing this afternoon....

I found a wonderful book, which I remember we had on the bookshelf when I was small. It's called "The Book of Hints & Wrinkles" and describes all kinds of household things, such as how to lay the table, care for your glassware and cutlery, clean your carpets and do a Spring Clean, for instance. If I tell you that it also has a Budget suggestion for a household of two adults and three children, and the budget is laid out for an income of £3 a week!!! you will have an idea of how old the book is.
    It also describes how to bath the baby, clean a house on a fortnightly rota room by room, care for your pets, choose household linen, work out your income tax, plus choosing which house to buy, and what to pack for moving house.