Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 January 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• LINDA - at least the window cleaner could see that you were both busy in the process of sorting out those rooms! That book sounds wonderful - could even be worth something if you decide to part with it! OH is sitting here in the study shouting at a person at BT - "organising" the church's new installation ready for the minister arriving soon.
  • Lindybird:   Clean a house on a fortnightly rota?   Oh dear.....

OG:  Yes, all three.  En route as I type.

• Annette, I remember being told by an older neighbour when we were first married that she 'wiped down all the paintwork on the doors and frames on a Thursday" and being horrified. I intended to do it when needed, and during the odd Spring Clean. And I do!!

It dried up again, here, and my OH has washed the cars. I'm back to my tablecloths - 2 heading for the charity shop, and a set of napkins going for dusters. Found a large bag of crisps at the back of the cupboard which should have been eaten a year ago, so will eat some tonight!

Weather girl says "A mild start to February" -- hooray!

January

January, goodbye to you
    We will not miss your ballyhoo -
    Your nasty winds, your sneaky snow:
    We will be cheering as you go
    And looking hopefully to weeks ahead
    Where we'll feel more like leaving bed
    When rising on the mornings chill
    Will be more pleasant, and less shrill.
    The tiny snowdrops soon will show
    With daffs to follow, and we'll go
    About our lives with springing steps
    Knowing that summer
    Follows yet: the sun will shine
    So will our smiles
    And everything will be better by miles
    And miles!
  • Lovely Poem, LINDA - quite cheered my heart on this sad B****t day.

OH spent even more time shouting at BT, then a friend from church called in and he had to tell him all about it!
  • OG;  Condolences re Brexit.  I was reading that many people have applied for European passports while a surprising number of first time applicants were interested in Ireland.   Our Senate will vote today on whether to call witnesses in the impeachment trial - we think the Republicans will prevail - so I'm looking for increased applications to move to Canada next week.  What a shambles.

Lindybird:   Another 5 minute masterpiece? :-)

• Glad my five minute ditty was enjoyed :-)

I should imagine quite a lot of people spend time shouting at BT OG! - they have a bad reputation for customer service. Hope he got some action from them.

Annette - Is it getting to make or break time with the impeachment efforts?

Just had some yummy hot cross buns -- chocolate chip & cherry flavour!
  • Hot cross buns in January????? With chocolate chip and cherry?????? Bah, humbug!!!!! I know they sell them all the year round now, but I refuse to buy them until Maundy Thursday … and then they're usually stale by Good Friday! And only those with fruit and cinnamon.

It's been really miserable here for the last couple of days - that really wet rain that soaks you very quickly, but means you can't keep the windscreen wipers working all the time. Very mild, though.

Just come home from a church meeting. There was a funeral earlier and lots of sandwiches were left over … so I have had a late supper of particularly yummy M&S sandwiches.
  • Lindybird:  There were a bare handful of moderate Republicans who the Dems hoped would vote to call witnesses, but they've apparently decided to follow their idiot leader....

• Site was down this morning - not sure whether fully functioning even now! TESTING